WiFi Issues - Losing Connection Randomly

Expansion modules and attachments
monte455

WiFi Issues - Losing Connection Randomly

Post by monte455 »

So getting rid of the old router fixed all the old issues, but now with the new router I'm having new issues I cant seem to figure out. Randomly my RA drops off the net, on the WIFI attachment sometimes it's blue flashing (mostly this one) but some times when looking from the router end it's not connected but the green light is blinking slowly. I checked the signal strength (70-80%signal stregnth at around 60db) and it doesn't seem to be the issue. It's totally random with periods of days without issues and sometimes only minutes to hours. I'm using a NetGear 450 (with the ext range ant. x3). I'm betting it's something like a time out rather than a signal issue, never had to do a whole lot with the routers except connections so I appreciate the help.
joshuamcrae

Re: WiFi Issues - Losing Connection Randomly

Post by joshuamcrae »

Monte,

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue where at times everything works smoothly then my RA seems to lose connection to my router. I can unplug the RA wifi module and plug it back in and it works again every time until a period of time passes with no activity and then the blue light comes on. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that allows me to either keep it connected or turn it on when needed but I can't seem to find it. Anyway I am interested in what you found or what you did to fix this. Thanks!
monte455

Re: WiFi Issues - Losing Connection Randomly

Post by monte455 »

Still happens, it's more of a timeout item than anything, usually on the Droid app.