wifi and setup issues

Expansion modules and attachments
heathd

Re: wifi and setup issues

Post by heathd »

Okay I'll mess with it later but what your saying is I need to open the incoming ip address and port? The one I have on the portal is showing me. I was messing with the other one.
heathd

Post by heathd »

Looks like that link would be great. Except 30 bucks! Grrrr
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

heathd wrote:Looks like that link would be great. Except 30 bucks! Grrrr
You're being distracted by the splash page after you click on your router brand. There is a "close" "x" at the top. Just carefully run through the site. It is FREE. Take your time so you totally comprehend everything.
Jack
heathd

Post by heathd »

Ah thanks looking at it with my phone. Didn't notice thanks. I'll try later.
heathd

Post by heathd »

yahh I went through that again I had done it last night its still not letting me in. is there something else I need on in a Motorola modem with Mediacom cable internet?
heathd

Post by heathd »

I paid 30 bucks for support with my modem did what they told me still not working. Port closed.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Can you tell us your exact Motorola modem model #? When I have time, I'll look it up and see if I can walk you through it. Or perhaps someone else w/ the same modem can too.

By the way, do you have a modem only or a modem/router? Also, do you have 2 of them wired together or just the one that came from your internet company?
Jack
heathd

Post by heathd »

It's a modem router combo. Sbg6580
heathd

Post by heathd »

It's just one combo modem router with cable Internet. Btw thanks for taking time to try and help here. I've been happy with everything so far just trying to get this last step done here has kicked my ass.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

I just went to that website that I posted. I looked for your router and the instructions. One thing that I don't remember needing to do is create a static IP address. (I went to the instructions for my router and it suggests the same but I am pretty sure I didn't do it.)

So...for forwarding, I used as an example "Apache" since RA will not be in the list. The concept is the same. The only difference is that RA uses port 2000.

Try that and see what happens. It would help to post what your ISP or Motorola suggested you do for port forwarding too if the above doesn't work. Good luck!
Jack
heathd

Post by heathd »

Roberto jumped into my pc from remote and messed around and its working hes the man! This is why he programs and i smash things with a hammer and weld em together!
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Now that's customer service!
Jack