Thanks
Onur

rimai

Re: Bus Lock Issue

Post by rimai »

Ok, let's try this:
Download the attached file and follow the instructions in this thread:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=13002#p13002
If everything goes right, the module should flash 3 times red really fast and blink cyan and magenta 3 times when initially plugged into the usb cable.
Let me know what you find out.
Attachments
RF_Update_Bus_Check.zip
(425.82 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Roberto.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

Let me try it.

I am also looking at a different option to solve my problem. I purchased (not arrived yet) an IP enabled power cycle.
I will try to figure out how I can trigger the power cycle when Bus Lock is on.
Thanks
Onur

00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

I STILL am not using my IO module due to bus lock issues. Can\has ANYTHING on a software\hardware level (even a hardware mod) ever been done to a controller\module to resolve or at least work around this chronic issue? I have had my RA for about two years now and it seems there are still bus lock issues... I dont use my IO module because when I do use it my controller becomes completely unreliable. Top priority is a reliable controller, so my crappy IO module collects dust. Why do none of the other modules I have plugged in to my expansion bus cause bus locks? Seems if it was an interference issue from an outside source and all my modules are screwed to a board within inches of each other that other modules would cause similar issues. I only EVER get bus locks when my IO module is hooked up. Roberto and I have played with different code in my IO module etc but still nothing resolves it. I would love to use my IO module some day. think i need to get back to looking into this issue again instead of ignoring it and waiting for a solution. :(

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

rimai

Post by rimai »

The bus lock only happens on reprogrammable modules and only on certain systems.
I'm unable to get it to replicate anywhere with any of the systems I have tried. That's why it is really hard to troubleshoot it.
I have revised the I/O module to a non-programmable version.
PM me to replace your I/O module.
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

I get the bus lock too. It comes and goes in waves for me. When it hits, it usually just locks up one port on one relay box for a day or two then it goes away. It usually happens when or right after I move my RA modules or cables but sometimes it just out of the blue. I'm starting to think it has something to do with noise coming from nearby electronics and/or some of the power cables that run by my USB cables.

I'm moving my tank this weekend and plan on routing all the low voltage cables through cable tracks completely separate from 110v cables and arranging the modules and add-ons so their not next to any 110v device to see if that helps. I'll post back in a week or two and let you know if that makes any difference.

~Charlie
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

rimai wrote:The bus lock only happens on reprogrammable modules and only on certain systems.
I'm unable to get it to replicate anywhere with any of the systems I have tried. That's why it is really hard to troubleshoot it.
I have revised the I/O module to a non-programmable version.
PM me to replace your I/O module.
Thanks Roberto I will PM you in a minute.

If my current IO module is an easy "revision" I would be more than willing to revise it myself and save us both some trouble. I am fully capable if told what to do to revise.

Also You already sent me a "Custom IO Expander" that I still have that we worked on together a bit a while ago. If you want it back along with my original IO module I am more than willing to return them both.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

rimai wrote:Ok, let's try this:
If everything goes right, the module should flash 3 times red really fast and blink cyan and magenta 3 times when initially plugged into the usb cable.
I just had the time to apply this. I uploaded the code and reconnected the RF Expansion. Fingers crossed...

Onur
Thanks
Onur

lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Good luck!!!
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

lnevo wrote:Good luck!!!
Roberto,
What does this code do? I am able to switch modes but the vortech seem not to care. Normally I see the speed change, but there are no speed lights and it is just at white slave mode.
OceanWolf wrote:
rimai wrote:Ok, let's try this:
I just had the time to apply this. I uploaded the code and reconnected the RF Expansion. Fingers crossed...

Onur
Thanks
Onur

rimai

Post by rimai »

This is suppose to work just like the original one, except it does a bus check every 5min. If it finds a bus lock, it resets itself.
Roberto.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

rimai wrote:This is suppose to work just like the original one, except it does a bus check every 5min. If it finds a bus lock, it resets itself.

Thanks, I'll play with it a bit more.

By the way, My WeMo works fine for remote power switching. I generally get the overtemp warning from my Hood Temp and use WeMo to power cycle. I can also see my power consumption. I didn't have time to tinker with it to see how it works.

I also bought a Ubiquiti Remote Power switch, but that was more head ache than help

Onur
Thanks
Onur

OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

It has been about a week, no issues. Woohoo. I am keeping my WeMo in case I need it.

Thanks Roberto. I was really thinking about moving to Neptune Apex (they are located in my town- Morgan Hill).

Thanks
Thanks
Onur