Router for wifi

Expansion modules and attachments
jjdezek

Router for wifi

Post by jjdezek »

I'm going to be moving and I'm switching to comcast internet. What's a good router to get that works with RA? I know my current router won't let me access the RA from both internal and external on my phone because of some firewall or something. I have to use two different IP addresses, one for internal and one for external access.
binder

Re: Router for wifi

Post by binder »

you will want to check on the software that each of the routers run. i personally run ddwrt on my routers. that software was designed originally to run on the linksys wrt54g router but it has been adapted to run on lots of other routers but the downside is you have to flash the firmware on the router. so it can be a little more complicated.

others will have to chime in on what they use.

Sent from my iPad mini
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

The wifi addon on my RA+ won't stay connected to my Verizon ActionTec router. I messaged Roberto, and he said he'd seen problems with them in the past where it just wouldn't hold the connection. I also like DD-WRT from my old wrt54g router long ago, so I ordered a new Netgear R7000 which seems to be one of the most actively developed target of DD-WRT. If it seems to work like a charm I'll post up that it's working.
binder

Post by binder »

i'm running an asus rt n-16 and n-12's (i have 2 of each running dd-wrt). i've also used a couple of the buffalo routers with dd-wrt.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I ordered the asus dual broadband wireless n-600 (rt-n56u) talked to someone running this router with there RA.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

So far, two days in, my r7000 with the kong version of dd-wrt is very good. I was going to run stock firmware for as long as possible, but quickly ran into the issue where wired hosts cant see wireless ones. Dd-wrt went on easily and works great.