New Jebao RW powerheads?

Expansion modules and attachments
AlanM

New Jebao RW powerheads?

Post by AlanM »

Should the new Jebao RW powerheads work with the cables that were originally designed for the WP series ones?

From the pictures it looks to me like they are still using the 3-pin connector and still using the same barrel connector for the power to the controller, so I bet they'll work.

Has anyone tried it yet?
lnevo

Re: New Jebao RW powerheads?

Post by lnevo »

If you're going to use the RA, why not just get the WP then? But yeah it should work, but then you're bypassing the wireless controller, so essentially your using it as a WP.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Agree with lnevo.

The only wireless functionality that the RW pumps have is that they communicate with each other wirelessly.
Other than that they still connect to the controller and power with cables and I believe that each pump will have a controller that is was is actually communicating wirelessly, not the pumps themselves.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I don't care about the wireless part. I care about the pumps themselves. They allege to be quieter than the WP, which are already nearly silent and fairly tiny (at least the WP10 is). Also, they explicitly say that they can be dimmed down to 10% which I have heard is not the case for the WP's.

http://reefbreeders.com/shop/jebao-rw-4/

Maybe I'd get the RW's and then sell the controller for the RW to someone to upgrade their WP to wireless. 8)
davaraj

Post by davaraj »

AlanM wrote:Should the new Jebao RW powerheads work with the cables that were originally designed for the WP series ones?

From the pictures it looks to me like they are still using the 3-pin connector and still using the same barrel connector for the power to the controller, so I bet they'll work.

Has anyone tried it yet?
I've been using the new RW powerheads with the RA cables for more than a month now. Works we'll.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

I've heard that have a wider flow compared to the original WPs. Is this true?
Jack
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Looking at the nozzle on them I would say so.

There is a picture on one of the forums some where comparing the 2 power heads.

I'll look for it.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Thanks, Steve. Yeah, I've seen the comparisons. Just wondering what's it's like in reality.
Jack
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

The RW series is a big upgrade to the WP series. I own both and really like the RW line. The only negative is you loose some adjust-ability not being able to turn the power head in all directions.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Seedlessone wrote:The RW series is a big upgrade to the WP series. I own both and really like the RW line. The only negative is you loose some adjust-ability not being able to turn the power head in all directions.
Ah, I hadn't noticed before that it is a solid hinge on the sides, not the Tunze style clip. Thanks for pointing that out. It's a plus for me that it is like that.
Sleepingtiger

Post by Sleepingtiger »

so for those who already own it, can it go down to 10% before cutting off?

I love my wp40s and the power they provide. But i definitely don't need them at 50% at night.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

They appear to cut off right around the same voltage as the WP series.