Water level sensor not showing any readings

Expansion modules and attachments
iiluisii

Water level sensor not showing any readings

Post by iiluisii »

I'm trying to calibrate the water level sensor and it's not showing any readings under the calibrations
iiluisii

Re: Water level sensor not showing any readings

Post by iiluisii »

The reading show a zero in red and when I press ok the reading on the left goes to 100%. Could the cable or sensor be bad which I don't think so because I just got the sensor today. It seems that the reef angel is not reading that is connected I assume due to not showing any readings
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You start at the screen where it shows 0. You put the sensor in a bottle or bucket of water that is as deep as you want the 0% mark to be. You click on OK. Then it goes to the 100% screen. Then you fill the bottle to where you want the 100% mark to be on the pipe. Then you click ok and you can put the pipe in the sump where you want it. Now wherever % that you run your sump at you should be able to read the % that it's at. You use that % with the +/- you want to maintain with your ATO into the water level function. Then for the safeties, you can do this.

if (ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel() > 60 || ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel() < 40) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(PortX); // Where X is the port number you want to shutoff.

You would change the 40 and 60 to be the levels where you cut it off.
iiluisii

Post by iiluisii »

Ok I did that and still no reading on the right side. It shows 0 in red for both.
iiluisii

Post by iiluisii »

Ok could it be that the USB port is bad ok my relay box since I never used it or could it be malfunctioning. I'm just not getting any type of reading at all.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Now that you mentioned this, could it be that you are missing some jumpers on the head unit?
Older head units did not come with jumpers pre-installed.
Can you open the head unit and you should see a set of 3 jumpers. All three should be there. If you have only 1, you must set the other 2.
Roberto.
iiluisii

Post by iiluisii »

Thanks Roberto that fixed the problem.