pH and Orp calibration needed at setup?

Expansion modules and attachments
mrwlf

pH and Orp calibration needed at setup?

Post by mrwlf »

Hi, I have just received my new pH and Orp expansion module. Do i have to calibrate each one when i set it up with it's own software or i Can just plug it in and start using it?

Thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
binder

Re: pH and Orp calibration needed at setup?

Post by binder »

mrwlf wrote:Hi, I have just received my new pH and Orp expansion module. Do i have to calibrate each one when i set it up with it's own software or i Can just plug it in and start using it?

Thanks in advance

You can plug them each in and they will start working, however you may need to calibrate them to get accurate readings for your device/setup. The best answer I can give you is to plug them in and start using them and see what they are reading. If you have manual testers for those then also test and see how the values compare. If the readings are off, then you will definitely want to calibrate each one.
mrwlf

Post by mrwlf »

Thanks i'll try

mrwlf

Post by mrwlf »

I think that i'll need calibration for both my pH probe. ( 1 in Ca reactor and 1 in sump).

When i go through the calibration procedure do i need to repeat it for each probe? What's the procedure?

Thanks
binder

Post by binder »

mrwlf wrote:I think that i'll need calibration for both my pH probe. ( 1 in Ca reactor and 1 in sump).

When i go through the calibration procedure do i need to repeat it for each probe? What's the procedure?

Thanks
yes, there is a calibration option for each of the probes: pH, pH Expansion, ORP
you will need to calibrate each one individually because they use different memory locations to maintain their calibration values.