Jebao battery backup - urgent help

Expansion modules and attachments
wolffman64

Jebao battery backup - urgent help

Post by wolffman64 »

Hi,
Does anybody have any idea how long you can drive two WP-40 on a fully charged battery backup?
I have a small crisis in the beginning of next week, where my electricity company will cut the power for up to 6 hours, and I don't know what to do!

I'm trying to figure out if it will be enough to drive the 2 WP-40's on the Jebao battery backup, or maybe change the supplied battery for a car battery, that will last for longer.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! /Jan
Piper

Re: Jebao battery backup - urgent help

Post by Piper »

I'd go rent a small portable generator to run the tank. Actually, I think they call it "hire" in Australia. The big box hardware stores and all the rental companies around here rent small gens. You should be able to get by with a 2kW or 3kW without a problem. Here in the states Honda makes small gens that are really quiet that they market to campers. The model is something like a HON2000UE.

~Charlie
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

For 6 hours a UPS will give you a couple hours I think and you could use battery powered air pumps...6 hours really isnt that much time..
wolffman64

Post by wolffman64 »

lnevo wrote:For 6 hours a UPS will give you a couple hours I think and you could use battery powered air pumps...6 hours really isnt that much time..
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by your comment, that 6 hours isn't that much time? That 6 hours without power isn't long enough to cause damage, or?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yeah it's not that long a duration to cause damage. As long as you keep the water oxygenated then you should be ok with whatever time on a good ups along with some battery powered air pumps.
wolffman64

Post by wolffman64 »

Cheers! I decided to rent a generator for the day in the end since I didn't want to risk anything.