Jabeo WP-25 Wavemaker

Expansion modules and attachments
g6gang

Jabeo WP-25 Wavemaker

Post by g6gang »

trying to understand how I would control the WP-25 from RA. The WP-25 has it's own controller with different modes :

H1/H2/H3
W1/W2/W3/Else
Speed S1/S2/S3
Knob to control intensity

So I think I need RA (not sure PWM or Analog) plus a Jabeo cable and then remove the Jebao controller from the picture??? But how do I now control those different settings from RA? and which RA do i select Digital or Analog?

I also have a Speedwave DC-3000 as my return pump. It looks like it has the same Jabeo connector as the WP-25. Do I think I would need another RA Jabeo adapter. But how do I know how to make RA control the Speedwave intensity setting? Will thiswork with the same RA I use for the WP-25 (Digital or Analog)
Sacohen

Re: Jabeo WP-25 Wavemaker

Post by Sacohen »

Yes you would get the RA Jebao cable and get rid of the Jebao controller.
The Jebao will work with Analog or PWM.
There are plenty of threads with code for the Jebao pumps.
If you look at mine in my signature it has code that will randomly cycle through the different wave mode each day, but best of all they all have been added to the new developmental libraries, most of them are in the currently released libraries.

You can also set it up to use the internal memory and control them from the Portal.

The Speedwave DC-300 should work with it as well, but the return pumps don't have a quick enough response time to use them as wave makers.

Roberto has developed code that will speed up or slow down the pump to keep his overflow silent.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... obertoflow
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Thanks Sacohen - I have yet to purchase so all of this information gets a bit confusing at first. This forum and Roberto have been very quick to respond to my newbie questions, so that means good things for the future.

Looks like I will just start with the Digital model two jabeo cables and WiFi Module - That should be more then enough to accomplish my main goals:

- Failsafe for heater
- Ph Monitoring and logging (thanks to RA Portal)
- Setup ATO for first time (yeah - no Kalk yet - just top off to maintain salinity)
- Make feed mode easier

It seems like all 3rd party distributors are out of stock so I guess I just order direct from RA
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

This looks good. The ATO can be done with the ATO float switches, but the Water Level Sensor is much more accurate if you wanted to go that way.

You can even get into automating the feeding using an Eheim autofeeder. http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... Autofeeder
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Yes glad to see it is easy to expand into other things..more reasons to spend $$$ on my "hobby"/Addiction..I am thinking there is a business to start called "Reef Addicts Anonymous"

Thanks for your help. Just ordered.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Good luck. Enjoy it.
I was one of those that always said I don't need a controller and then I got this and even thought I could do everything I wanted without it, I can do everything I want with it easier, faster or without me actually doing it, thereby gving me more time to enjoy the tank or my family. :)
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Where do I find the corresponding commands for each mode of the WP-25 - Sorry just can't find anything this specific /basic:

WP-25
H1/H2/H3
W1/W2/W3/Else
Speed S1/S2/S3
Knob to control intensity

Also since I have speedwave and WP-25 - how do I tell which one to operate on - they are both DC Pumps. One will be connected to dimmer 1 and the other to dimmer 2
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The modes we have more commonly replicate the Vortech modes though we have an ElseMode you can use the wizard to see various settings and then grab what you need into your INO. You can also browse http://www.easte.net/ra/html for the API documentation.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Thanks but everytime I try to browse the API docs, it is hit or miss and usually I get a timeout. Is there anyway I can run these docs locally. Can roberto zip them up and provide it for download - seems like it is Javadoc like with relative HTML files. When I do get lucky and hit the docs, they are not very detailed in what the function means, just syntax for how to use it.

I see the modes are most like the Vortech - at this point I think I am going to just put it on a relay and turn it off for feed mode, but it would be nice to cycle through the modes.

I still have no idea how to tell dcpump class to use a certain DC pump when I have 2 pumps and 2 jabeo cables,
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

You address the DC pump by what channel it is on...
Daylight
Actinic
Dimming Channel 0-5.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

ok now it is making more sense. Still not sure what syn/ant-sync is but i think here is the mapping of Jabeo to RA:

H1/H2/H3 = Constant
W1/W2/W3/ = Short / Long Pulse
Else = Reef
Speed S1/S2/S3 = Not sure - on WP-25 this is a seperate feature then the Dial.
Dial = RA Speed setting?? I think. On WP-25 this controls speed on constant setting and also the pulse duration
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

The modes the RA uses don't really translate to the Jebao modes.

Also you can't assign different modes to each pump.

It's also not recommend to use a wave mode on the DC return pumps.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Ok now you just through me for a loop. Are you saying I can't do this:

WP-25 (in display tank and power head/wave maker)
- relay 5
- Dimmer 1
-Want to put in short or long pulse
- On power up - want to turn on and set mode to short/long pulse with set speed
- On feed mode want to turn off and return to mode it was in before

Speedwave (return pump)
- Relay 1
- Dimmer 2
- On power on - slowly ramp up like it does now and then constant mode at full speed
- On feed mode want to reduce the speed to 1 and then return to what it was

If that is the case then I think they owe me a refund for the Jebao cable I bought for my Return pump - it will be useless to me since I can basically only turn it on/off and would keep the jebao controller hooked up
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

g6gang wrote:Ok now you just through me for a loop. Are you saying I can't do this:

WP-25 (in display tank and power head/wave maker)
- relay 5
- Dimmer 1
-Want to put in short or long pulse
- On power up - want to turn on and set mode to short/long pulse with set speed
- On feed mode want to turn off and return to mode it was in before

Speedwave (return pump)
- Relay 1
- Dimmer 2
- On power on - slowly ramp up like it does now and then constant mode at full speed
- On feed mode want to reduce the speed to 1 and then return to what it was

If that is the case then I think they owe me a refund for the Jebao cable I bought for my Return pump - it will be useless to me since I can basically only turn it on/off and would keep the jebao controller hooked up
You can do all those things.

The return pumps don't have a quick response like the powerheads do, so you can't use them as a quick response wavemaker, but just adjusting speeds like you're wanting to do will be fine.

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Yes you can do that.
I thought you wanted to run the speedwave in else mode while the WP25 is in short or long pulse.

The slowly ramp up to speed is a function of the pump not the controller.
The pump automatically does that.
The Speedwave can be set to a percentage of full speed during feed mode like 30%.

I'm not sure how to code a different speed for the speedwave and the WP25 during feed mode.
I'm pretty sure it can be done though.

To set the 25 to off during feed mode you can use this.

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.DCPump.FeedingSpeed=0;
What you may have to do is turn relay 5 off during feeding and set the DC pump to 30%.

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.DCPump.FeedingSpeed=30;
But I'm sure some of the better codes then me can give you a better way to do what you want.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Sacochen - I think you are correct, I only see a way to make one instance of the DCPump class

Roberto - can you please provide instructions for how to control and use two DC pumps seperately?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You set the type of pump on each port...

ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel = Sync;
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel=Anti-Sync;

Then you set DCPump to the speed, mode, duration you want.

The docs are DOxygen. You can download that tool and run it against the source code. Look at Steve's PDE in his signature above. He's got different cycles throughout the day etc.

For Feeeding Mode, you just need to do ReefAngel.DCPump.FeedingSpeed=0;

Keep asking questions, if the docs dont' work for you, we can help.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

Thanks Lnevo

That is what I thought and won't work in my situation:
DC Pump1 - Pulse mode (it is my wavemaker in tank)
DC Pump 2 - Constant mode (it is return pump)

Still not clear on what is Sync/AntiSync. Where is this explained??

So looks like sadly you cannot control two DC pumps to behave differently.

I want something like
ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel.mode = constant
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel.mode = Reefcrest
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The DCPump class was made to make it easier to control multiple pumps. You can easily do what you want and it's what we had before we had the DCPump class.

Sync and Anti-Sync - if you look at how the Vortech pumps work, then you will see that any pump in sync will work at the same speed. Any pump in Anti-Sync will be the corralary speed depending ont he wave form. So in some modes if Sync is at 80% Anti-Sync will be at 20%

There is a thread on the wave modes we have, what you can do is simply..

ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(80);
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(ReefCrestMode(80,20,true));

It makes sense now why you're confused. I would not consider the DCPump class suitable for a return pump. The DCPump class was designed for the wavemakers.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

The great thing about ReefAngel is that there is a way to do everything.
It might now be exactly the way you are thinking, but it can be done.

There have only been a hand full things I asked for or about that I've been told no you can't do that and it's normally a hardware related issue.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

ok I think lnevo answered my question. I was looking at the wrong class for my return pump. I will use DCPump for my WP-25 and the PWM for my return pump. I have not tried any of this yet so maybe it will be more clear when I start playing with it.

One last thing I am not clear on - when the wizard asks me "In the code" or "in the internal memory", do both of these options ensure that after the RA loses power it will come up with the code I upload..I am afraid that I will hook all this up and not be home when power goes out and then the return pump does not come back on.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

The RA stores all the code on the unit so after a power outage it comes back up as if nothing happened.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

If you do hard coded you need to upload new code to change certain parameters. If you choose memory it will let you adjust those through the wifi. For new users and troubleshooting we recommend starting with hard coded values and then graduate later to memory. It also depends on your level of comfort with coding.