Dc6000 and jebao cable

Expansion modules and attachments
sabo

Dc6000 and jebao cable

Post by sabo »

Lots of questions from me at the moment.. :mrgreen:
So I invisioned using my dc6000 for my chiller and have it running at different speeds depending on the tank temp with my pwm expansion. No point having it running flat out if the chiller is off. Went to hook it up today and found that the plug is different than the jebao power head plugs. The male/female is switched around. So I cut the plug off the controller (mistake) thinking it should work fine once the right plug was on. Turns out it doesnt. I'm not sure why it would be any different to the power heads, but it doesn't work with the standard jebao cable. Anyone had experience with using pwm dimming on the return pumps?
Sacohen

Re: Dc6000 and jebao cable

Post by Sacohen »

I haven't hooked mine up yet, but I got the Jebao cable for my Jebao DC12000 return pump and the ends are correct.
Female on the pump and male on the cable.
I know Roberto is using the Jebao cable to run his DC return pump, I think he is using the Speedwave.

It's a Jebao DC6000 or what type of return pump is it?
sabo

Post by sabo »

Yeah, its a jebao. Its odd because my skimmer has the same plugs backwards to what the power heads are.
sabo

Post by sabo »

Actually, its a wave line. Just removed it to stick a temp pump in. Skimmer controller box is also wave line. I thought they were all pretty much the same these pumps?
sabo

Post by sabo »

Hmm, and I just found an old thread with someone else that couldn't get one working. Roberto was going to get the pump but it doesn't appear there was a follow up. Wonder whats different with the wave line that it won't work with pwm.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I haven't seen the waveline pumps, but apparently they wired the connections backwards.
sabo

Post by sabo »

I tried every which way with the wires. No luck.