dosing pump questions

Expansion modules and attachments
grafxalien

dosing pump questions

Post by grafxalien »

I am thinking of adding some dosing pumps to my setup now that I am using 2 part. I have been kicking around a few options and cant decide on which. First option is just buying a pre-made one. They jebao seems like a cheap solution that has decent reviews.
My other options was to add single pumps to my reef-angel controller. I am leaning this way. If I do decide to go this route I will either need to buy a power outlet expansion or a DC output controller. Is it better to use AC or DC pumps? Does either offer a big advantage? Finally- what pumps do people recommend for this route? I have been looking at ones offered from reef angel but I cant find any reviews. I have also checked out the BRS one and drews. (which i read somewhere is just this pump marked up http://www.aptinstru...gory_Code=SP100)
lnevo

Re: dosing pump questions

Post by lnevo »

link doesn't work, but I think I found it. the aptinstruments sp-100 is $119.50 in my shopping cart. How is that a marked up then from BRS? I'm sure with Black Friday they'll have it on sale for $65 but it's regularly $79. Anyway, curious how cheap you can get the apt one. I use the BRS ones, and I bought an extra spare last BF. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. I've never used the RA ones, but you can use them with the power expansion instead of the outlets so I think it takes up less room.
grafxalien

Re: dosing pump questions

Post by grafxalien »

you can get the APT for 66$ without an enclosure.

Anyone have input about the RA ones? Only ones i can find reviews on are the old 2 ch ones