bad dosing pump?

Expansion modules and attachments
tunatime

bad dosing pump?

Post by tunatime »

about a month ago i bought 2 new ra dosing pumps 1 one works great the other one is loses the ca dose in the line so when the pump kicks on nothing comes out for the first few secs. and when the lien fell below the water one day my jug over filled whit tank water. i thought this kind of pump was not supposed to do that or lose the water in the line between doses?

this pump also makes a good bit more noise then the old one is their any thing i can clean on the pump head that could cause this?
rimai

Re: bad dosing pump?

Post by rimai »

Try opening the pump head itself and see if there is any issue with it.
If not, we may need to replace the pump head.
Roberto.
tunatime

Post by tunatime »

What am I looking for inside the pump? And it looks like it just unclips off the pump?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Just the head. Not inside the pump.
The head just unclips from the body. The there is another clip to open the head itself, which you would open for replacing the tubing.
Try opening the head itself to see if there is anything out of the ordinary inside there. It should have three rollers that squeeze the tubing as it turns.
Roberto.
tunatime

Post by tunatime »

opened it up and it looks the way you described it. so its normal for it to have to run for about 3 secs before it starts dosing?

instead of doing a few secs every hour would i do better running them longer but less often?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Is it still not holding the liquid after you opened and reset it?
Roberto.