Relay expansion dip switches.

Expansion modules and attachments
sabo

Relay expansion dip switches.

Post by sabo »

Hi. Just got a second expansion relay because I'm picking up a t5/mh fixture that I want to run on its own relay so it doesn't overload. Anyway, I plugged it in, and tried to flip the switches and nothing worked. Much scratching of head and then I remembered I need to set the dip switches! So I set them as per the manual, and still nothing! Much cable swapping, box swapping, module swapping and still nothing. So at this point I have both relay module boxes open and start playing. Turns out I either can't read the manual, or the manual is wrong, or things have changed since it was written. Module one is all off off off. Expansion two should be on off off. The only way mine works is off off on. I can get pics if needed, but I've checked the manual and switches several times and it really like like the manual may be wrong.
rimai

Re: Relay expansion dip switches.

Post by rimai »

I think you got one of the module that may have the dip switch mounted rotated by 180 degrees.
That's why it seems to be the opposite of what the manual stated.
Sorry for the inconvenience :(
You got it working though, right?
Roberto.
sabo

Post by sabo »

Yep, all works in the end. Just had me very confused.
snoopy60

Post by snoopy60 »

had to play around w/ the dip switches on my relay expansion, but got my relay expansion box working as well. Do the relay Id's need to be in any particular order. I had mine set on 2. Didn't work (nothing else on 2). set it on 1 (off, off, off) and it worked!.

On another note, Roberto, I just got around to installing the relay expansion and other expansions I bought from you several months ago. I noticed that one of the blades on the wall wart for the power expansion is loose and pulls out. Needless to say, I am not going to use it. Can I get another one?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Send me a PM.
Roberto.