help with wifi setup

Expansion modules and attachments
psyrob

help with wifi setup

Post by psyrob »

Well, Santa brought WiFi attachment. I used the wifi graphical utility, got the slow blinking green light, attached it to the controller, still have slow blinking green light (blue light off), but can't get past that, can't access the controller over the web...I thought I got the port forwarding thing worked out, went to portforward.com or whatever it is and opened port 2000...
But can't acess over the web...found this in another post, I can't surf to it...

http://10.0.1.12:2000/wifi

what should I try next?
rimai

Re: help with wifi setup

Post by rimai »

Connect it to USB-TTL cable again and use the wifi graphical utility.
Click the button "View Wifi Settings".
It will show you the ip address.
Then replace the 10.0.1.12 with the ip address your wifi attachment picked up.
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

I entered that 10.0. blah blah blah, because I had found another post of someone having trouble setting up their wifi, and you had asked them if they could surf to that...I couldn't and thought that was important, maybe it is not...

When I did the wifi utility again and hit view settings, it returned 192.168.1.79.2000 not the 10.0 etc.
I enter that ip address and I get the "Reef Controller Web Server" page, but then what?

Thanks
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

never mind!! I got it to work, iphone app is working too!! I did not have the right IP address in my settings...now it is working like a charm....