2-pin quick disconnect?

Expansion modules and attachments
paperdesk

2-pin quick disconnect?

Post by paperdesk »

i installed a float valve on my skimmer drain jug so that if the container gets full the skimmer will automatically shut off.

I want to keep things quick and easy in regard to cleaning the skimmer jug, so I need a way to plug/unplug it fairly easily. The RA ato plug is a bit of a challenge to plug/unplug, so I'm looking for a 2-pin quick disconnect. Any ideas? Maybe something like an RJ11 connector?
cosmith71

Re: 2-pin quick disconnect?

Post by cosmith71 »

Lots of possibilities. RJ-45 would work, but is probably overkill.

Maybe something like this. Just cut it in half and attach to existing wiring. Or just get the plugs.

http://www.amazon.com/2-1mm-5-5mm-Exten ... sion+cable
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Use audio/headphone jack :)
paperdesk

Post by paperdesk »

i have access to an RJ11/45 end connector kit, but I'm not sure if the float switch wire would fit in the connectorI will check that out.

That link looks like a neat idea, and an option I hadn't thought of. However, I really want to make this as clean and simple as possible, so my strong preference is to attach end connectors directly rather than splicing them on.

Would a 3.5mm or 2.5mm audio type jack work? That would probably be the easiest connector to plug/unplug! I thought of that option briefly but didn't know if it would actually work.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Yup. Should work fine.