Water Level Expansion causing Bus Lock

Expansion modules and attachments
tom_swell

Water Level Expansion causing Bus Lock

Post by tom_swell »

Hi Guys,

So today i started getting a bunch of notifications from Reef Angel telling me my water level is low. The emails told me my water level was 0 as opposed to its normal level of 88-92. When i got home a few hours later i found the tank was overflowing as the ATO pump had been stuck in the on position and had dumped about 30litres of water allover my room. I'm not sure if it's worth mention but the activity log shows my ATO pump only having been on for 12 minutes, first turning on at 9:34am and then turning off at 9:46am. However i know this is wrong as it was still activated when i arrived home at approximately 1pm.

I cleaned things up as best i could and restarted the reef angel but the exact same thing happened when it was restarted. The water level was apparently 0 and the pump stayed on even after it's programmed 40 second run time.

Soon after all the ports turned off and i noticed the red indicator light was flashing. In the alerts section is said Bus Lock. After some fiddling, i disconnected the water level expansion and this removed the bus lock allowing everything else to function normally. However as there is no water level being sent to the unit this results in the ATO pump still turning on (however it now turns off after it's 40 second run time).

I've tried reconnecting the water level expansion and this just creates another bus lock. If i try recalibrating the Water Level Expansion it doesn't respond and permanently sits on zero.

I haven't changed any of the coding for a couple of months and everything was working fine. There's been no power outages or anything else that could have caused this error. So why has it randomly appeared and how do i fix it? I'm quite annoyed as this has caused a slight flood in my room.

EDIT: I am using a Reef Angel Plus and the only expansion i use is the water level expansion.
Sacohen

Re: Water Level Expansion causing Bus Lock

Post by Sacohen »

Is it possible that the WL expansion got wet?
Are you using an expansion hub?
Remove it and put the WL sensor only and see if the WL is causing the lock or the expansion hub.
tom_swell

Re: Water Level Expansion causing Bus Lock

Post by tom_swell »

No i only have a WL expansion, not an expansion hub. I'm fairly certain it didnt get wet during the leak as the side of the tank where it is positioned didn't wasn't overflowing (unfortunately my tank doesn't sit exactly level)