Water Level and Relay issues

Expansion modules and attachments
leadguitarist05

Water Level and Relay issues

Post by leadguitarist05 »

I noticed a couple of times yesterday that my lights would turn off then on again... I thought it was a problem with the dedicated lighting controller or their power supply until I realized I could also hear the click of the relay module when it would happen. Today it's been doing it frequently and I also noticed that my water level expansion was showing my water level to be 250% and fluctuating wildly. I tried recalibrating the module but it wouldn't calibrate, in fact the calibration numbers would run the wrong direction when I would try... at 0% the calibration number would show around 3400, and at 100% the number would drop to around 1200. I rebooted the RA several times to no avail, problems ranged from showing wild numbers to no numbers at all... until I loaded up the RA Wizard and re-loaded the RA's programming. Now the water level calibrated and is working normally just as before, and hopefully the RA will stop turning my lights off and on again as well.

I have changed nothing on my RA in months and it's been working perfectly until this week.

If anyone has any insight into why this happened I would love to know.
leadguitarist05

Re: Water Level and Relay issues

Post by leadguitarist05 »

Quick update... the RA is still turning off the relay that powers my LED Lighting. Do I just have a faulty RA?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Is it just a quick click off and on? Could be a loose or faulty cable between the RA and the relay box. Remove the cable and re-seat it. Make sure it's good and tight on both ends. You can also replace it with a computer VGA cable, just make sure it's the kind with all the pins connected (some don't).
rimai

Post by rimai »

What other expansion modules do you have?
Does it happen if you have no expansion modules connected?
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I went through what sound like the exact same thing several months ago.
Roberto and I spent months and several replaced modules until we narrowed it down to a bad expansion hub.

As he said above. Remove you expansion hub and connect each of your modules 1 by one and see if it happens or does not with just a single module.

If all the modules work fine alone, plug in the expansion hub and connect each module to it one at a time until you have see the problem happen again.
phrusher

Post by phrusher »

leadguitarist05 wrote:Today it's been doing it frequently and I also noticed that my water level expansion was showing my water level to be 250% and fluctuating wildly.
I have also encountered this behavior a few times, a restart usually fixes the problem but it still feels a bit uneasy in case some other time it will fluctuate below my ATO-on level instead. I will try and connect WL directly without the hub.