No Control Outside of Network

Expansion modules and attachments
Lionfan

No Control Outside of Network

Post by Lionfan »

The portal is only updating every 5 minutes, and it says it's from the web banner database. I don't have any control over the Reef Angel outside the home network.
I know my reeftronics pings the Reef Angel every 5 minutes, so I imagine that's the only time the controller is sending data to the portal.
Any fixes?
lnevo

Re: No Control Outside of Network

Post by lnevo »

The ReefAngel sends data to the portal every 5 not the other way around. And reeftronics pings every 15 minutes.

If you don't have control it's because your port forwarding is not working as it should. I'm surprised reeftronics is getting data.
Lionfan

Post by Lionfan »

It's strange that it's not working.. Nothing has changed, unless a firmware updated happened to my router.
Both my reeftronics and Portal are getting data, but the data is 5 minutes behind. I'll reset all of the port forwarding tonight.
So far, I've only had about a day of the wifi working since i bought it almost 8 months ago.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Data is only sent to the Portal every 5 minutes. Anything in between is not shown. If your port forwarding is setup right and the Portal can contact your controller, the data is updated every 30 seconds. It would show on the Portal that you are connected live instead of webbanner.
Roberto.
Lionfan

Post by Lionfan »

rimai wrote:Data is only sent to the Portal every 5 minutes. Anything in between is not shown. If your port forwarding is setup right and the Portal can contact your controller, the data is updated every 30 seconds. It would show on the Portal that you are connected live instead of webbanner.
It was working for about a day, and then quit.
I think the most likely culprit is my router had an update and reset my port forwarding.
I'll reset the router tonight, and I'll start from scratch.
Lionfan

Post by Lionfan »

Got it to work.
Xfinity had reset my router, and somehow it screwed up my port forwarding. Also, somehoe my "port triggering" was on, so the controller only sent data when it was pinged (I assume)