MP40QD anyone?

Expansion modules and attachments
lnevo

MP40QD anyone?

Post by lnevo »

Hey guys,

Just upgraded my mp40w driver to the mp40qd. Anyone do this yet? Right now, before troubleshooting I'm getting flashing colors when I turn it on. Working my way through some troubleshooting. The upgrade driver has you swap over the radio so it should be compatible but the driver may have newer firmware so not sure if I'm going to have to do anything special yet.
lnevo

Re: MP40QD anyone?

Post by lnevo »

Ok, the flashing I was having went away once I hit mode and then it started working normally. I downloaded the Vortech setup code and tried to sync them up but no-go. It goes into red/blue flashing which the manual says the master is too far away. My RF module is right next to the drivers. I ended up just sync'ing them to each other for now but clearly this will be a temporary arrangement. These things are quiet as hell by the way. Damn, almost too quiet.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ok, I was unable to get the drivers to sync with the RF module. What I found though was that if I sync'd one to the other the slave would respond to the RF module. So, finally after much troubleshooting, I was able to sync one to the other and then to get the master installed, I swapped the radio and dryside back to the original mp40 driver and made that the master. That took a few times as well but I finally got the QD into slave mode. I moved the radio back to the previous slave and now both are responding well to the RF module. Anyway, I can say that they work, but there is definitely something wrong with the RF module that it won't sync with the QD drivers in pairing mode. I did try all 3 known RF firmwares (which we need to do a better job cataloging by the way :) Hope this helps somebody till we get a fix.
ucez

Post by ucez »

OK, so I'm trying to figure this out, but not following along. I've got 1 MP40QD. When I try to sync to the RF I get the error code on the MP40 (red/blue flashing). It's right next to the RF.

Is there a fix? Am I supposed to disconnect a radio in the MP40?
ucez

Post by ucez »

No luck with radion either and now won't let me upload code. I get the following error when I try to upload the code:

Globals\Globals.cpp.o: In function `PWMParabola(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)':
C:\Users\ezra\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Globals/Globals.cpp:267: undefined reference to `LightsOverride'

If I delete all the RF code, then uploads fine...guessing that setting up vortech messed up the RF, but no idea how to fix.
ucez

Post by ucez »

Now when I try to use ReefAngel.SingleATOHigh(int, int, int) , I get a "no matching function" error. All was fine until I tried getting the RF to work...
rimai

Post by rimai »

SingleATOHigh only accepts one parameter:

Code: Select all

void SingleATOHigh(byte Relay);
If you want to use hardcoded settings, you need to use SingleATO

Code: Select all

void SingleATO(bool bLow, byte ATORelay, int intTimeout, byte byteHrInterval);
Roberto.
ucez

Post by ucez »

OK, thanks. Any thoughts on the RF issues?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I could not get my RF module to sync with the RA. What I was able to do was sync them as slaves to another mp40. Once they were in slave mode they responded to the RA RF module. The only problem it requires another MP to sync with.

Roberto if there's anything you need me to test or troubleshoot let me know.