What's easier to use? Ph expansion or....

Expansion modules and attachments
skehole

Post by skehole »

A separate ph controller to monitor ph in a calcium reactor. This reactor will be regulated with a carbon doser reg and fed with a cole Palmer masterflex pump. So, the probe will only be monitoring ph and cutting off gas only if it gets too low. Anyone have experience in this dept???

Thanks!
Sean
lnevo

Re: What's easier to use? Ph expansion or....

Post by lnevo »

Or what? We have a built in function to turn on and off the co2 regulator if ph gets lower than you want. I think it's better to have the ph expansion, but the primary ph would work as well. Depends how granular you want to be.
skehole

Post by skehole »

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I was wondering if it's easier or better to write the code to have the ra control the regulator, or to use a completely separate ph controller, like a Milwaukee or something similar.
lnevo

Re: What's easier to use? Ph expansion or....

Post by lnevo »

Oh screw that, use the RA :) That's what you bought it for. Get the PH Expansion or just use your regular PH. Personally I would not buy another piece of equipment that I couldn't manage with my RA. Even if you wanted to get a Milwaukee or similar, I'd still look to get a ph Expansion and monitor that with the RA.