Jebao/Speedwave Cable questions

Expansion modules and attachments
MDB1029

Jebao/Speedwave Cable questions

Post by MDB1029 »

So i have 2 Jebao WP25s wavemakers and a DC9000 return pump which i am hoping to switch to controlling via the RA.

My first question is will both of these types of pumps work with the Jebao/Speedwave Cable?

If so, other than the cables, would i only need a dimming port for them or is there something else i would need?

Also, the description and the picture don't give a whole lot of info, does the cable connect to the pump on one end the standard Jebao power supply on the other with a dimming signal wire separating there?

Does anyone know what type of signal I would need for these pumps? 0-5v or 0-10v? Analog or PWM?

Thanks in advance.
lnevo

Re: Jebao/Speedwave Cable questions

Post by lnevo »

I believe they can work with any of the above. If you plan to use the 0-5V output then you need to specify that when you order the cables. There is a voltage limiter that needs to be removed.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

If i am using the dimming expansion, i would be able to change those ports to whatever the pump uses wouldn't I?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

MDB1029 wrote:So i have 2 Jebao WP25s wavemakers and a DC9000 return pump which i am hoping to switch to controlling via the RA.

My first question is will both of these types of pumps work with the Jebao/Speedwave Cable?
Yes all of the Jebao pumps will work with the cable. The WP series. The RW series and the DC series.
MDB1029 wrote:If so, other than the cables, would i only need a dimming port for them or is there something else i would need?
You just need 1 dimming port for each pump to be controlled. so I you have 2 Jebao WP25s wavemakers and a DC9000 then you need 3 dimming ports. The Relay only has 2 so you would need a dimming expansion module.
MDB1029 wrote:Also, the description and the picture don't give a whole lot of info, does the cable connect to the pump on one end the standard Jebao power supply on the other with a dimming signal wire separating there?
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ujmuhv.jpg
Plug the pump into the 3 pin water proof connector, just like you do with the stock controller.

There is a DC port for the power to plug in and the 2 pin connector goes to any of your Analog or PWM dimming ports.
MDB1029 wrote:Does anyone know what type of signal I would need for these pumps? 0-5v or 0-10v? Analog or PWM?
It is 0-10 analog or PWN. it works with both.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

Sacohen wrote:
MDB1029 wrote:So i have 2 Jebao WP25s wavemakers and a DC9000 return pump which i am hoping to switch to controlling via the RA.

Yes all of the Jebao pumps will work with the cable. The WP series. The RW series and the DC series.
MDB1029 wrote:If so, other than the cables, would i only need a dimming port for them or is there something else i would need?
You just need 1 dimming port for each pump to be controlled. so I you have 2 Jebao WP25s wavemakers and a DC9000 then you need 3 dimming ports. The Relay only has 2 so you would need a dimming expansion module.
MDB1029 wrote:Also, the description and the picture don't give a whole lot of info, does the cable connect to the pump on one end the standard Jebao power supply on the other with a dimming signal wire separating there?
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ujmuhv.jpg
Plug the pump into the 3 pin water proof connector, just like you do with the stock controller.

There is a DC port for the power to plug in and the 2 pin connector goes to any of your Analog or PWM dimming ports.
MDB1029 wrote:Does anyone know what type of signal I would need for these pumps? 0-5v or 0-10v? Analog or PWM?
It is 0-10 analog or PWN. it works with both.
I appreciate this information. One other question, One of my original power cords shorted out so i ended up replacing the controllers with a twin controller, which had a different power supply. Do you know what power cord i would need to replace the original one?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It's a 24v power supply.
I don't know the amperage of it, but Fish Street has replacement power supplies for sale here.
They are adjustable 12v to 24v. People used to use these to show the pump down to 505 or whatever.

http://www.fish-street.com/product_deta ... tem_id=597
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

Thank you!