jEBAO RW SERIES Wave Maker.

Expansion modules and attachments
abhi_123

jEBAO RW SERIES Wave Maker.

Post by abhi_123 »

Hello,

Has any one of you guys tried to control RW15 or 20 with the controller?

If yes than which type of dimming signal does it accepts and do they work as master and slave or each pumps run individually?

Thanks
Sacohen

Re: jEBAO RW SERIES Wave Maker.

Post by Sacohen »

I have not personally done it, but the RW series can be controlled by the Reef Angel using the Jebao cable in the store.
http://www.reefangel.com/QuickViewJebaoAttachment.html

It will use either the analog or PWM just like the WP and DC series Jebao pumps do.

They are controlled individually, so you are losing the wireless function of the RW series, but the can still be controlled in a sync or anti-sync scenario.
abhi_123

Post by abhi_123 »

So should I go with WP series ones only? Two 40WP will be enough for 120 gallon?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Yes 2 WP-40's will be enough for a 120.
Some people still like the RW series even though they loose the wireless communication between pumps because they say the flow is wider.
abhi_123

Post by abhi_123 »

Ok. One more thing they accept 0-10v or 0-5v analog or Pwm signals? Is DC series return pumps and DCT return pumps are same or different. Have heard people using the controller to control DC return pumps what is the status of newly launched DCT pumps? They are also controllable?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

The are 0-10v and can use analog or PWM on the Reef Angel.
I'm not real familiar with the DCT pumps but from what I can see online about them the only DCT pumps are made by Jebao and have the name Jecod on them.

They have the same type of 3 prong water proof connection so they should be compatible with the controller.

The DC pumps can be controlled by the RA, but not like the wave pumps.
They don't have the reaction time to make quick changes like the wave pumps do.

Roberto has created code used in conjunction with the Water Level expansion to speed up or slow down the pump so there is always a certain amount of water above the drain in his overflow box so there is not slurping or gurgling.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... low#p42109

I'm sure others have down other things with it like slow it down during feeding or at night.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

The RW pumps are much better than the WP pumps. They have a much better design and a higher range of speeds. I bought just the pumps without controllers from Fish Street.

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_rw_upgrade_kits
coolbird

Post by coolbird »

I've been using 2x RW-15's in replacement of WP-40's for around 6 weeks and they work fine with the the RA.
Just a couple of observations.
At first they don't seem as powerful as the wp's but the flow is much wider and not as focused.
My wp's needed cleaning every month as calcareous build up used to restrict the flow, with the rw's you don't get the same reduction, I dare say they will need to be cleaned in time but not as often.
They seemed noisy with the wireless controllers (tried them for a week) silent when used with the RA
saf1

Post by saf1 »

I run two RW-4's on my 40 gallon breeder. I picked up two of the cables here and using the standard ports on the relay for actinic and daylight. Work well and I run them at about 40 to 50%.