Wifi Utility for Mac Broken?

Expansion modules and attachments
icecool2

Wifi Utility for Mac Broken?

Post by icecool2 »

I just got a wifi module and I'm trying to set it up. When I attempt to launch the Wifi Utility, my mac says the file is broken and trashes it. I redownloaded the DMG and the same thing happened. Is there somewhere I can pull an older version from?

I'm able to connect to it through a terminal app, but I'm not having luck getting it on my network yet. I created an open guest network with no security settings to hopefully make it easier.
icecool2

Re: Wifi Utility for Mac Broken?

Post by icecool2 »

A little more info....

I was able to get the module onto my test network and onto my secure network. BUT I have to manually tell it to join with the "join <network>" command. When I unplug it from the USB and hook it back up to my RA, it does not connect to the network after it reboots.
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

OK, I got it working. I needed to set the autojoin flag. The command is "set wlan join 1"

Now it connects straight off when it boots. Is that in the directions, I don't think it was.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You got it.
When you upgrade firmware, for some reason, autojoin doesn't flag by itself.
Another user pointed it out to us and that's why we created a new macro for Tera Term, which only works on win unfortunately.
The wifi utility should set the flag too.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Here is the post from Reddy when he discovered the problem after Roving decided to change the default setting on 4.0 firmware update:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=23931#p23931
Roberto.
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

Thanks. Is that in for the next update of the Wifi manual? :)

Also, I still can't seem to get a working copy of the wifi utility for the mac. It could be on my end, but do you know if the current version works?

I also had my connection drop suddenly. I can't tell if it is my router or the unit. If I check on the terminal, it appears to be associated properly, but I can't ping it from the network. I can confirm it is on the network from my router and it has the right IP. I cleared the fixed IP from the routing table, let it get a new IP still couldn't ping it. Then I gave it a fixed IP again and I could hit it. Makes me think router issue, but I don't have a problem with any other devices.... Ideas?

To make matters even weirder.... I can get to the onboard webserver by going to my outside IP port 2000, but the portal can't get to it. And I can control the ports with the app from an outside connection, but I never get the result back and the app keeps spinning on "Connecting to Reef Angel".
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

Still having the issue with the portal and on the app. Any ideas?
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

Bump.
rimai

Post by rimai »

That looks to be port forwarding on your router.
What do you get when checking port 2000: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Roberto.
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

Port forwarding looks OK. I should have updated my post a bit before I bumped it....

There are updates to the portal every few minutes, but I'm unable to control my tank from it. Something about an invalid Wifi address. On my iPhone the app never updates. If I try and switch a relay's state, it physically changes, but the app says it timed out.
rimai

Post by rimai »

It still sounds like port forwarding.
If the portal is updating, check if the ip address shown in the portal is the same as the one you are getting on the port check website I linked above.
Roberto.
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

Portal shows the correct IP address as does the app. I can reach the RA onboard webserver from inside and outside of my local network. Here's a picture of my port forwarding setup. Seems OK to me....

Code: Select all

Reef Angel wifi address:	<My IP>
My reefangelid:icecool2
Connection Status:Unreachable Address

Last Update: 9/25/2015, 5:53:31 AM
Displaying data from:	Webbanner database
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 6.03.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 6.03.15 AM.png (38.11 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, it looks good.
PM me your ip address, so I can try connecting to the unit and see if I can get connection.
Roberto.