WiFi issue or possible mainboard

Expansion modules and attachments
DmnYnkee

WiFi issue or possible mainboard

Post by DmnYnkee »

System was working fine this morning, but now portal shows status "Unreachable Address". It does, however, show my controller's values in the dashboard, but I can not make any changes to relays. Phone app also times out, and Client does not update.

I am wondering if the issue is with the main controller, and not the WiFi. I went in to upload a new file, and the lcd screen was blank, but back-lit. I rebooted, and it showed correct screen for a few seconds, then went back blank. I shut it down, unplugged all accessories from the controller (pH probe, 2 temp probes, 2 floats, and WiFi), and powered it back up. Controller finally started acting normal. I plugged everything back in, and rebooted again, and all still looked good, except for WiFi still not connecting completely.

I tried to upload my revised file, and no luck. The file compiles fine, and was only a minor tweak I was making to the currently loaded INO, so I know it's not the code. I just get an upload error, with no reason specified. I tried several times, using both USB ports on my laptop with same results. when uploading, the RA only goes blank and flashes red light for a few seconds then goes back to main screen and does not reboot. The up-loader continues for another 10-15 seconds, then gives the upload error.

The system seems to still be running my current file without issue, other than the WiFi.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks,
Chris
DmnYnkee

Re: WiFi issue or possible mainboard

Post by DmnYnkee »

This is what is shown after getting an error while uploading.
The following features were automatically added:
Watchdog Timer
Version Menu

The following features were detected:
Dimming Signal
Wifi Attachment
Custom Main Screen
Extra Font - Medium Size (8x8 pixels)
Extra Font - Numbers Only - Huge Font (16x16 pixels)
DC Pump Control (Jebao/Tunze)
Reverse ATO High
2014 Main Screen
Simple Menu
Binary sketch size: 67,458 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Reef Angel Controller\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Reef Angel Controller\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega2560 -cstk500v2 -P\\.\COM3 -b115200 -D -V -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\build2526214743784821832.tmp\FL3.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.0, compiled on Apr 6 2012 at 19:29:19
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reef Angel Controller\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \\.\COM3
Using Programmer : stk500v2
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
Rebooting Reef Angel Controller
avrdude: Send: . [1b] . [01] . [00] . [01] . [0e] . [01] . [14]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

avrdude done. Thank you.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Well, 2 days without a response.... I have ordered a new board for what I assume is a bad board since there has been no response. Can't go without controllability since that was one of the main reasons I went with ReefAngel....

Hope this one lasts longer than 2 years.

Cheers,
Chris
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Are you sure it was uploading? Did the red lights blink?

Hopefully the new board helps. Good luck
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Are you uploading with the Serial/TTY cable or with a Bluetooth module?

--Colin
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Got new board today. Got everything back and working as it should. Took about 10 minutes total to upload onto new board, shut down system, swap out the boards, and fire it back up. WiFi connected immediately.

Will keep the old board as an emergency backup, since it was still running the system, just not allowing uploads, changes, or connectivity.

Re-calibrating pH probe now, then should be done.

Cheers