Diy bar lights. Driver help

Expansion modules and attachments
JDP1130

Diy bar lights. Driver help

Post by JDP1130 »

Hey guys,

Before I get started I'm not the brightest crayon in the box with electronics. Disclaimer out the way.

So I built a led strip light to supplement my t5 that I'm going back to. I chopped up one of my old eBay lights to use the drivers.(pic below). I would like to be able to get the bars to dim up and down throughout the day.

I have located the ground and 10v line as it was labled on the pcb board attached to potentiometer. There is a third line labled on and off that I have no idea what to do with. I assume that third line is what turns driver completely off when potentiometer is turn all the way down.

My question is

1. do I need to hook that line up when I program to ra? If so to where.

2. Being as it that I'm going to plug up in relay box and can I just kill that outlet in the event I don't need that line?

3. How can I tell if it's analog or pwm signal?
Your input is appropriated

Sacohen

Re: Diy bar lights. Driver help

Post by Sacohen »

JDP1130 wrote:Hey guys,

Before I get started I'm not the brightest crayon in the box with electronics. Disclaimer out the way.

So I built a led strip light to supplement my t5 that I'm going back to. I chopped up one of my old eBay lights to use the drivers.(pic below). I would like to be able to get the bars to dim up and down throughout the day.

I have located the ground and 10v line as it was labled on the pcb board attached to potentiometer. There is a third line labled on and off that I have no idea what to do with. I assume that third line is what turns driver completely off when potentiometer is turn all the way down.

My question is

1. do I need to hook that line up when I program to ra? If so to where.

With a lot of the Chinese BlackBox lights sold on E-Bay the On/Off gets joined together so the lights have power when not plugged into the potentiometer.

This thread explains it better and has a link to the original post on another forum about it,
JDP1130 wrote: 2. Being as it that I'm going to plug up in relay box and can I just kill that outlet in the event I don't need that line?

You probably will need it, but if you don't yes you can kill it.
JDP1130 wrote: 3. How can I tell if it's analog or pwm signal?
The newer dimming modules have jumpers inside that you can switch from Analog to PWM.
JDP1130 wrote: Image
This is an image of the power supply not the drivers.
The drivers are probably built into the lights.

Can you post a picture of the potentiometer on the PCB that you talked about?