Can't setup wifi adapter

Expansion modules and attachments
bruleyii

Can't setup wifi adapter

Post by bruleyii »

I have tried all 3 ways given in the pdf and still cant get anything.

With the first way I couldn't get the right port setup even after installing the drivers. I contacted Roberto and he sent me an older driver but that didn't work. I then tried the second way but couldn't get and example code for the wifi adapter. I then tried the third way but the link to the software was a dead end. It just took me to home page of their site where upon doing a search yields nothing.

A little background info. I am running OS X 10.6.8 so I know I will need older drivers being the drivers out are for 10.7 and above.

I was hoping to get this setup this weekend because I've had the controller for about 3 months now, but I don't think thats happening.

Thanks in advance.
lnevo

Re: Can't setup wifi adapter

Post by lnevo »

Try on a friend's computer or laptop if they can bring over.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

Do you only need the computer for the initial setup of the wifi? Obviously Ill need it for the programming of the controller if I want to change things.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

For the wifi module it's only a one time. For programming the head unit you'll need the adapter. Sorry, it sounded like the wifi module was the last thing you needed to get done. I'm not sure if there's an older driver for 10.6.8. I'm sure there's gotta be something out there... let me see what I can find.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It looks like the driver should support 10.3.x to 10.8

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

Sorry for the delay. I dont check this forum that much. Ill give that a shot this weekend or if I have time during the week. Thanks!
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

So I finally got back around to trying to set this up again. Ive been busy with a new job, but the new job gave me a pc. So I tried again yesterday with the pc. It looked like it went out and found the drivers and installed them but I still cant get the wifi adapter to get recognized on my PC. I'm getting frustrated with this little adapter. Once again I can see the controller just not the adapter. I'm starting to wonder if I got a faulty one but its light blink when I plug it in.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you post the log of the WiFi utility?
Roberto.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

I cant even get the wifi adapter to connect through the ports. I thought about trying the manual way but then I didnt want to go down that rabbit hole yet.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Is it blinking green and blue?
You have to choose the same com port that you used to upload codes to RA. I'm guessing you were able to upload codes already, right?
Roberto.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

Both of the blue and green lights do blink. I'll double check the code. I switched computers because I was having issues on the mac, but I dont remember reading anywhere in the manual about the code. I was thinking you had to connect first before you could even upload the code.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You don't need to code it. To program the WiFi attachment, you use the WiFi utility.
It will ask you which com port to use. Make sure to use the same one that you program your RA.
Roberto.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

So the RA and the wifi adapter need to be setup on the same computer? I originally setup the RA on my Mac but the Mac couldnt read the wifi adapter so I am trying to use a PC now.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You don't need to setup them both in the same computer.
Just make sure to pick the correct com port.
How many do you have listed?
Roberto.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

I have 2. I have COM4 and COM5.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I guess the easiest way if you don't know which one it is, it's to try one and if it doesn't work, try the next.
Roberto.
bruleyii

Post by bruleyii »

lol. true. Well while im snowed in I might try and figure it out again.