Calibrate without screen

Expansion modules and attachments
tyson_mitchell_88

Calibrate without screen

Post by tyson_mitchell_88 »

I have had an lcd malfunction but desperately want to calibrate ph, orp and salinity. Is there a way of calibrating not on the angel itself. Want to check if probes are functioning so I can order replacements if needed with the new screen.
Last edited by tyson_mitchell_88 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binder

Re: Calibrate without screen

Post by binder »

you can calibrate using one of the smartphone apps if you have the wifi module.

Sent from my XT1060
tyson_mitchell_88

Using reef angel status on android. When I try calibrate it pops up ok on the app and then updating display at the top.
binder

Post by binder »

ahh...yeah, it puts the controller into the calibration mode. you will need to see the display to actually see the calibration values. my bad.
BUT you can still perform the task, you just have to go without the display. When it enters calibration mode, it asks for ph7 first. you can place the probe in the 7 solution and wait 30 seconds or so to allow for the value to stabilize. then press the button / joystick. then it prompts for the ph10 solution. place the probe in the 10 solution and wait 30 seconds. press the joystick button again. then the values will be saved and calibration is performed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tyson_mitchell_88

Sweet thanks mate, can i grab the steps for salinity and orp as well
binder

Post by binder »

I don't know how the orp module calibrates.
i have to look up the salinity calibration but I think it's just one value. I will check on it though.

Sent from my Moto X
binder

Post by binder »

salinity probe. when you enter the salinity calibration, it will want you to place the probe in a 35ppt solution. so place it in and wait about 30 seconds, the press the joystick button to save the value. then you should be set with it.

for the ORP, it's a little different. i would suggest downloading the manual and reading the section about calibrating it. follow the steps but be sure to wait about 30 seconds when waiting for the values to stabilize.

if there's something wrong with your probes, you won't know until you try to use them and you notice bad values. if that is the case, you will need a new screen to be able to calibrate from the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk