RF expansion not syncing with mp10

Expansion modules and attachments
lnevo

Re: RF expansion not syncing with mp10

Post by lnevo »

Confirmed. Roberto if you still use a vortech you should def upgrade. The new driver is really quite incredible. We should figure out how to drive jaebos the same way. Super quiet, less heat, etc.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm going to get one driver just to troubleshoot the issue, but IMO the Gyre is a far superior pump.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I've seen very mixed reviews on it. Some like it, some don't. Some say there are problems with longevity. I'll probably wait to look into them when Jaebo comes out with their knock-offs :)
oftheangels

Post by oftheangels »

I think I'm going to hang on to my vortech's for now. I've read some reviews where the gyre produced stray voltage in the tank. The big advantage to the vortech is I have no power running into my main display tank. I have seen the gyre in a LFS and it moves a lot more water and produces less dead spots than the vortech (which is my only issue with them).

-LeoD
gpsinger

Post by gpsinger »

Was the problem with syncing Mp40s ever corrected? I have been searching the forums but haven't found any solution I can implement. If it hasn't been fixed is there an ETA?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

AFAIK there's no fix for the Quiet Drive sync'ing. You will need an older driver to sync the wireless chip, then you can move it over.