Grounding Dimming Module and Built-in LED Ports

Expansion modules and attachments
ejn76

Grounding Dimming Module and Built-in LED Ports

Post by ejn76 »

Hi, I am setting up my Dimming Expansion Module (6 channels) and want to use at least one of the dimming channels on the main unit (for a max of 8 channels). My question is how do I go about grounding the two channels that come from the main unit. I currently have one of the grounds from the expansion modules going to one LDD board and the other ground connecting the other board. I will use all 8 channels between the two boards. My question is, can I just connect the main unit ground output to the third ground port on the expansion module where they will all share the same ground? I assume this is alright. If not, I'm not sure how the two should be grounded and could use some help.
lnevo

Re: Grounding Dimming Module and Built-in LED Ports

Post by lnevo »

The main 2 channels have plugs that connect to relay box. One is positive the other is ground. You don't have to do anything.

On the dimming expansion you can share the ground ports. So 2 grounds in each port.
ejn76

Post by ejn76 »

Thanks Lnevo, I'm not sure I explained it correctly. I have setup the dimming module with one ground to each ldd board. The module has a third ground port. My question is can I run the two negative outputs from the main unit to that third port? There is continuity between the three grounds on the module so I am wondering if that is all I need to do to correctly complete the circuit and correctly set everything up?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I dont know why you would do that. Each port is a seperate circuit.
ejn76

Post by ejn76 »

The reason I would like to do this is because my 7-up ldd board only has one pwm ground input and 7positive inputs. I have two 7-up ldd boards used in part to control the 8 channels of lights. So I'm wondering if it would be safe to hook them up this way? Otherwise, how should I go about connecting these two channels?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The hookups to the main relay box can share the ground on the ldd board
ejn76

Post by ejn76 »

OK, thanks Lee. Had a problem with one of the boards so the build has been held up for a bit. Good to know though when the replacement gets here. I checked out your build, very nice! Your tapatalk large image links are broken, fyi.