8 Channel Dimming Expansion

Expansion modules and attachments
DmnYnkee

8 Channel Dimming Expansion

Post by DmnYnkee »

Is there such a beast? I am current using the onboard dimming channels for my left and right RW-25's. I am getting ready to add (3) 16" SB Lights. I want to be able to control both channels on each light independently, so 6 channels total for my main lights. I also want to add Moonlights. Do most run moons off a dimming channel, or should I just use a port for basic on/off for the moons? I will want to add a lunar cycle to drive them, but without dimming would make it less natural.

If there was an 8 channel expansion (or even 7) for a bit more than the standard 6 channel, I could go that route. It wouldn't be money "well" spent to add an expansion hub and another 6 channel dimming expansion just to control moonlights.
rimai

Re: 8 Channel Dimming Expansion

Post by rimai »

No. :(
You could use one of the ato ports for the moonlights.
Roberto.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

I am using both ATOs. If there was a way to use one of the thermometer ports....
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You could get an IO module and then move your ATO to that, or you could get the water level sensor and use your ATO off of that.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Lee, both of those options would still require an expansion hub, plus the additional attachment. That would be about the same as getting 2 dimming expansions.

I use one ATO float for my ATO, and the other ATO float for my skimmer. I can't justify spending $120-180 dollars just to be able to dim the moonlights.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I hear you. You'd have additional functionalities though with either of those choices so just another route to go.