LED Black Box Mod Dimming Expansion Help

Expansion modules and attachments
CaliFSU

LED Black Box Mod Dimming Expansion Help

Post by CaliFSU »

Hi all,
I successfully modded my Chinese Box LED using the Evergrow/Reefbreeders LED 0-10v expansion dimming topic but I am having trouble understanding how the wires would connect to my RA Dimming Expansion module. The LED box has a +VDIM and -VDIM for each channel (blue white). I jumped the dimming module to 10v analog for channels 0-3. How would I connect these four cables to my Dimming Expansion module? Do each of the cable ends get their own channel?
>>--Cali-->
cosmith71

Re: LED Black Box Mod Dimming Expansion Help

Post by cosmith71 »

Connect all the negatives to a ground (all together, the same one is fine) on the dimming module and then connect each + to it's own channel.

So, -VDIM x2 to your RA Dimming module ground (or negative, I can't remember how it's labeled), then +VDIM to channel 0, and the other +VDIM to channel 1.

--Colin
CaliFSU

Post by CaliFSU »

Thanks Colin! I got it working this past weekend and coded the lights to work with the Cloud/Lightning code and Sunlocation library. Working fantastic!
>>--Cali-->
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Can you chime in on this threat about Sunlocation? Looking for a basic implementation with some explanation. :D

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5967

--Colin