water level sensor

Expansion modules and attachments
slm222

water level sensor

Post by slm222 »

does anyone think there would be a way to connect this to the reefangel?
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1786
rimai

Re: water level sensor

Post by rimai »

Have you checked out the Reef Angel water level expansion module?
http://www.reefangel.com/QuickViewWater ... nsion.html
To be honest, my original plan was to use eTape.
I worked with the manufacturer, but was never able to get a good response from the tape and I never found a way to get a water tight connection to it to protect the end connector.
So, I decided to go with pressure sensitive sensor to monitor the water level and it works much better in my opinion.
Roberto.
slm222

Post by slm222 »

ahh ok.. I did see that. what im looking to do is make a dosing container that is compatible to the DOS system from apex. I have finally gotten my cnc router up an calibrated to start trying to make things like that. the tape sensor seemed like a good fit.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

A cool RA compatible dosing container would be sweet. You could eliminate the stock RA pipe and adapter if you can provide an airtight column and an airline connector. That'd be sweet! If you can make it the right size I'd buy some :)
slm222

Post by slm222 »

lnevo wrote:A cool RA compatible dosing container would be sweet. You could eliminate the stock RA pipe and adapter if you can provide an airtight column and an airline connector. That'd be sweet! If you can make it the right size I'd buy some :)
I will look into that. instead of the 1/2" pipe could I use a 1/4 or 3/8 inch rigid tubing?

lol awesome! a reason to work harder on it!
slm222

Post by slm222 »

im going to start working on this next week hopefully. what size does the connector need to be for the tubing to connect to the sensor? is it standard 1/4 airline tubing?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Yes.