Water level sensor problems

Expansion modules and attachments
Reeflife916

Water level sensor problems

Post by Reeflife916 »

Hi all, I've been using my reef angel for a few months now, which I am very impressed with.
One problem I have been experiencing is with using my water level for my ATO. I get random ATO timeouts, and it will occur when the ATO pump has not ran for the timeout period. I also get the red led to light up, and the ATO will still function even though its lit. It seems to be completly random, sometimes it will trip in a half a day, sometimes it will be fine for 3 or more days. Does anyone have any ideas?
lnevo

Re: Water level sensor problems

Post by lnevo »

I personally feel there is something wrong with the timeout code. I have and still have similar issues using the waterlevel ato. I have a 60 minute timeout as it's tied to my RO/DI and I've had to put code to clear the timeout the first three minutes of the routine. I've started it manually as well and it has timed out immediately.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Bump
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Reeflife916

Post by Reeflife916 »

Ok I will give this a shot.
Forgive me for being a complete rookie at programming, but if I'm using the wizard to generate my code, where would I add the change that you suggested? I'm guessing inside of the // for custom code , correct?
smellsfishy

Post by smellsfishy »

I'd like to comment on this. I recently had a water level sensor go nuts on me and had to get it replaced. The disturbing part was that even though the ATO Timeout was triggered, if the water level (or in my case a bad water level reading) exceeded the High%, as soon as the water level dropped back down below my Low%, the ATO pump would kick on again. With my sensor bouncing all over the place, this caused my ATO pump to turn on repeatedly, despite the ATO Timeout being set.

I also deal with the random ATO timeouts, the timeout seems to just trigger and turn the status light red, even though the pump hasn't even run. Sometimes it happens a few times a day, sometimes its just a few times a week. Not sure if the two issues are related?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think we will just have to redo the entire ato class.
Roberto.
Smotz

Post by Smotz »

I went back to this 'coz 'WaterLevelATO' just wasn't working for me. This has been error free for me.

Code: Select all

// Main Top Off
//   ReefAngel.WaterLevelATO(1,Topoff,15,85,95);  

if ( ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel(1) <=85 ) ReefAngel.Relay.On (Topoff);
  if ( ReefAngel.WaterLevel.GetLevel(1) >=95 ) ReefAngel.Relay.Off (Topoff);
Happy Holidays!