PH measures incorrectly with ATO float switches

Expansion modules and attachments
steamboat

PH measures incorrectly with ATO float switches

Post by steamboat »

when I plug in the ato float switches, the PH meter starts to read crazy low PHs like 2 or 1.5. I disconnect the float switches and PH probe starts to work and goes back to a PH of 8ish. Any ideas?

So far I have tried to: 1. reload the code, 2. switch code from dual switches to a single low, 3. plug in only a single switch 4. plug in a single float switch to different connector on the head-end unit.

I am running latest version of dev libraries, code generated with autogen, and have WIFI enables. Thanks in advance.
rimai

Re: PH measures incorrectly with ATO float switches

Post by rimai »

Is the bare wire touching the water?
It looks like the wire from the float switch is being exposed somewhere.
Roberto.
steamboat

Post by steamboat »

Good idea - I'll rewire the float switches tomorrow. I currently have the wires splices covered in a rubberized plastic but they are underwater so who knows if salt water found its way to the wires.... any ideas how to make the wire connections waterproof?
Deckoz2302

Post by Deckoz2302 »

Heatshrink your soldered connections - before you heat shrink , dielectric gel your solder slide the tube over connection then squirt a bead of silicon in each end of the shrink tube, wait 24 hours for silicon to dry. This will be your most viable option for submerged connections. Rinse the shrink tubing before placing in tank after shrinking to remove residue from heatsource & shrink compounds released. Don't use electrical tape, both the tape and adheasive will breakdown in your tank.