recommend powerhead for Reef Angel

Expansion modules and attachments
GugsJr

recommend powerhead for Reef Angel

Post by GugsJr »

I currently have 3 Hydor on the reef angel and they just go on and off. Well they aren't 100% reliable right now about every few days I have to clean them just so they click on.

I'm looking at new powerheads now and want to know which would be recommended. I'd like to get one where I could control the power.

Ideally I'd like one where I don't have to turn them off that I could just randomly control the power. So if I have 2 or 3 pumps. They'd go from as low as lets say 5% to maybe 50% of their strength randomly but never off. No set time amount of time.

Which powerheads would work best for this?

Also which accessories would I need to make this work. Currently I have a reef angel plus with 2 relays

Thanks in advanced.
cosmith71

Re: recommend powerhead for Reef Angel

Post by cosmith71 »

Jebao RW and PP series work well. I think they only go down to 20% or 30% though. You'll need a Jebao cable from the RA Store and a free dimming port for each pump, so consider a dimming expansion since you only have 2 dimming ports right now. There are several wave patterns built into the libraries.

--Colin
GugsJr

Post by GugsJr »

Thank you, I went with 3 PP 8 thinking I could have done the pp 4 but I'm happy with the setup now. Now to wait for the cables and dimming ports to arrive so I can hook it up to the RA
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Awesome! I really like the Jebao powerheads. I went from those to the Jebao Gyre knockoff, but I think I might go back as I don't get as good of coverage as I did.
slm222

Post by slm222 »

cos, does the jebao gyre work with the jebao cable or did you need the icecap module?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

I'm just using the stock controller. The Jebao cable will NOT work with it. :(

--Colin