Any possible way to control Radion from RA at this point?

Expansion modules and attachments
MisterTang

Any possible way to control Radion from RA at this point?

Post by MisterTang »

Due to constraints with the location of my new setup, I can't hang my LEDs from the ceiling. In researching light fixtures, I sort of gravitated to the Radion XR30w because it has the new handy RMS mount that clamps to the back.

Unfortunately, that was about the time I searched here and found out you're not doing the RF controllers anymore... bummer :(

I did note from your thread that Alan started here: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6376 that the Radions haven't changed since version 1 and you still have some old RF boards left. If the RF module was discontinued due to the issues with Vortech, could I still get one for use with the Radion, or did that also not work well?

Failing the RF module, is there any way to interface the RA with the Radion?
rimai

Re: Any possible way to control Radion from RA at this point

Post by rimai »

Yeah, it works for radions and the old ecotech drivers just fine.
The new QD drivers needs some tweaking to make them work, but they are able to be controlled too.
I still have left over boards without the RF radio from ecotech if you want one.
PM me for details.
Roberto.
MisterTang

Re: Any possible way to control Radion from RA at this point

Post by MisterTang »

Thanks, Roberto, I sent a PM.

For what it's worth, the fact I'm unwilling to purchase something that isn't compatible with your controller should be a compliment :)