Cloud Server Migration

Expansion modules and attachments
rimai

Cloud Server Migration

Post by rimai »

We decided to use a more robust cloud server and migrated it to a linux box hosting.
What does that mean to you?
You will need to update the firmware of your device to be able to use the new server.
The old server is still operational though.
So, if you do not update the firmware and still would like to use it, you will need to use an older version of the uapp: http://forum.reefangel.com/uappold/
Roberto.
binder

Re: Cloud Server Migration

Post by binder »

does this affect the portal or just the uapp?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
rimai

Post by rimai »

Just uapp using the cloud WiFi attachment or RA star
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

How do I update the firmware? Is it for the wifi cloud module only?
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct.
Generate it again in the web wizard and upload.
It should update the firmware.
Roberto.
lnevo3

Post by lnevo3 »

Wish I would have seen this post over the weekend so I could have cleared my test alert :) All good and firmware updated now. Thanks Roberto!
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

Is v2.0 a hardware or firmware change? I'm trying to load the old v1.0 way and it can't find port 6 when trying to upload.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

I reloaded the code for the wifi cloud module and it seems to be connected to the new server.
As I mentioned in another thread, my data is still not updating for temp and ph. Email not working either. My banner does not seem to update.
Temp, ph and relays on the main dashboard for portal and uapp is working correctly. I can turn on and off the relays from both also.
-James-

jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

jcjrogers wrote:Is v2.0 a hardware or firmware change? I'm trying to load the old v1.0 way and it can't find port 6 when trying to upload.
Correction, it can't find the device on port 6.
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

Ok, need some help. I've tried two USB cables, and I can't load the new firmware. When I plug into the USB cable coming from the PC, I'm not getting any lights (most of the time, sometimes I get a blue light after it has been connected a while). Either way (light it no light), I get the message that a device cannot be found on port 6. It appears I either need an updated driver or maybe the connector in the Cloud Wifi device is bad. The cables I used work on other devices, so it isn't the cable. I also tried on both my PC and laptop and same thing.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Are you using the little short usb to usb cable? It plugs into the side of the wifi module. I had to connect the module before I started the webwizard application.Mine is on comport 4.
-James-

jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

GermanDude wrote:Are you using the little short usb to usb cable? It plugs into the side of the wifi module. I had to connect the module before I started the webwizard application.Mine is on comport 4.
I tried two cables but same thing. I probably had Webwizard open, but my module seemed to be getting no power as the light wasn't coming on, or my PC just wasn't recognizing the device. I'll try connecting before I open the Webwizard.
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

GermanDude wrote:Are you using the little short usb to usb cable? It plugs into the side of the wifi module. I had to connect the module before I started the webwizard application.Mine is on comport 4.
No dice. I'll have to contact support.