Adding relay expansion and ph expansion

Expansion modules and attachments
AlanM

Adding relay expansion and ph expansion

Post by AlanM »

I have an RA+ which has been running the same code for about a year with a single expansion, the 16 channel dimmer.

I am now hooking up a used expansion hub and connecting my dimmer expansion, a used relay expansion box, and the ph expansion.

If I just reboot the RA+ I figured I would not need to load new code to the RA+ and I would at least see the extra outlets and probe in the portal, but that isn’t happening.

Is that how it should work or do I have to include statements in my code and recompile and load it in order to get it to see the new probe and relay box?
rimai

Re: Adding relay expansion and ph expansion

Post by rimai »

You need to upload a new code and enable the expansion modules you are connecting.
Roberto.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

OK. Just refer to them in a code statement to get those included or specifically include at the top somehow?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Nevermind. I hadn't worked in the code in so long I forgot where to look for things.

It's ReefAngel.AddPHExpansion(); right?

Anything special in setup() to add the relay expansion? I didn't see that one in ReefAngel.h
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Nevermind again, heh. I saw it get recognized as a module in the Arduino GUI and it all compiled so I think I'm good.

I've been gone so long I hadn't seen that you released the Star. Nice. Gotta get me one at some point.