Unable to Pair with RF Module

Expansion modules and attachments
sbidny

Unable to Pair with RF Module

Post by sbidny »

I've been trying to pair my two Vortech MP40wES pumps with the RF module. Every time I click "Set" on the pump to set it to slave mode, it flashes blue and yellow once before starting to flash blue and red.

I have tried multiple pumps/controllers, soft resets, hard resets, updating the RF firmware, moving the RF closer. Nothing is working.

First question...what else do I need to try?

Second question...

Searching the forum, there seems to be a lot of chat about just getting the pump/controller into slave mode (via any way possible). Then the RF module should be able to control it. Most of these posts are about pairing a QD controller to the RF module, but I assume the same could be done on the ES controller.

However, I don't fully understand this. I thought that the slave actually had to be paired with the specific master via the whole pairing process. Is this not true? Does it just need to be in slave mode, and it will obey any master?

This could be another option for me, so I'd like to understand how this is supposed to work.
sbidny

Re: Unable to Pair with RF Module

Post by sbidny »

Well, I was able to get this "working" by forcing my Vortechs into slave mode without the help of the RF module, so apparently, it's not so much of a "pairing" as it is just having a master and some slaves. The master (the RF module) will control any slaves it can reach, it seems.

I still don't understand why my Vortechs won't go into slave mode with the RF module flashing blue and green, as they should. This is still disturbing, but it looks like it's just going to go into my large and growing book of unexplained issues with the RA.