Jebao DC6000 pump

Expansion modules and attachments
OceanWolf

Jebao DC6000 pump

Post by OceanWolf »

For the last two years, I was happily using Robertoflow with Jebao Cable. My pump decided not to start after going into feed mode. I replaced it with an old pump for now and looking for my options. I cleaned DC6000 with vinegar and tested that it works with its own controller. It still does not get going after going into feed mode unless I turn the propeller with my hand. I will open the pump and clean more but I am not sure if the pump will recover. I liked my robertoflow setup, what are my options? Someone was selling a DCP-8000 but that does not work with the Roberto’s cable. I can buy another DC6000, but it is an old type of pump and @ $100 maybe I can do better.
What do you guys think?
Thanks
Onur

OceanWolf

Re: Jebao DC6000 pump

Post by OceanWolf »

I tested the pump a couple of minutes ago. Both the original controller and reef angel cable controls it without issues. When you stop the pump, like going into feed mode, it will not start again unless you give it a spin. I might continue to use it by turning down the dimming to like 30% so it will continue to spin but still have calmness during feed, but if I have power issue it will not spin back up. I’ll open the pump and do a more through cleaning but I doubt it will solve that not coming back issue. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Onur

OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

I cleaned the pump throughly. Took apart the impeller shaft. Not much issues possibly it was already cleaned by the vinegar dip. I put everything put together, same issue. Unless I give it a spin it is not working.

I like using robertoflow so I ordered another one from Amazon, old system but I not ready to come up with other solutions.
Thanks
Onur

OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

I bought a new DC6000 from Amazon for $99. It is working fine. Compared to my backup pump it is very quiet and very happy with it. Now I need to find a use for the one that hesitates.

Onur
Thanks
Onur