Water level sensor

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
mav3rick478

Water level sensor

Post by mav3rick478 »

Hey Roberto,
Is there any chance of making one of these? First time I've seen any controller use anything like ultra sound but when you think about it, it's pretty genius as long as it works properly.

https://www.ekoral.io/products/level-sensor.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lucho

Re: Water level sensor

Post by lucho »

Roberto, this would be great. I have a tall mixing container and the pressure water lever sensor reads 100 mid way through and above (too much pressure I guess), so I can either know if it is low or high, but not both. An ultrasonic water level sensor would be great. Is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Lucho, did you adjust your gain at all? That can increase the sensitivity of the measurement.

Sonic sensor would be cool :)
lucho

Post by lucho »

Yes, I did that, but did not help with the overall measurement. I guess it is too deep and therefore the pressure exceed the maximum. Unless I did something wrong. I think I read in a thread from you how to adjust the gain as I believe you were doing the same.

lucho

Post by lucho »

There is a guy in R2R who built an arduino controller and is using an ultrasonic water level sensor. Maybe we can ask him?

mav3rick478

Post by mav3rick478 »

Thanks to whoever asked the guy in R2R about what sensor he uses, HC-SR04 and I found a tutorial on how someone was using it. Quite interesting, would definitely have to figure out some sort of enclosure and holder but also how durable this unit is with indirect moisture exposure.

https://howtomechatronics.com/tutorials ... r-hc-sr04/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lucho

Post by lucho »

That was me asking the guy. I think this is promising. I am sure we can find an enclosure. Looking forward to trying this.
Thanks for the tutorial!