Relay for usb connectors

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
tngo

Relay for usb connectors

Post by tngo »

Is there any relays that will mimic unplugging the usb connectors? Most of the times when I get a buslock of the ReefAngel* a reboot of the controller solves the issue and it goes back to normal. There are certain times when I would have to unplug one of the two usb plugs going to the controller then do a reboot to clear the buslock. Then plug back the usb connector in order to have everything working again. Being able to do this remotely would be ideal.

Tim
rimai

Re: Relay for usb connectors

Post by rimai »

When did you last update code to your RA*?
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Sometime last week. As there was an issue with the PWMParabola for some reason stopped working properly. Had to add and argument to make it dim properly.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Check if the hub turns off when you have a bus lock.
The new libraries is supposed to power cycle the hub, but it has been released more than a couple weeks.
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

I have noticed this power cycling and it works really well. Noticed I would get a buslock alert and then the alert clears itself. In other instances I would see the RF module LED turn off then turns (precursor to a buslock), and re-syncs itself moments later. It is possible that I would be to quick to reboot the controller instead of letting the controller try and reset the hub. Thanks as always for finding ways to improve on the RA!!

Also do these USB connectors come in non-corrosive type metals? Like aluminum or stainless steel? I'd be willing to pay more for them if they exist.
tngo

Post by tngo »

With the new libraries, anytime that the controller detects a buslock it'll initiate a power cycle of the hub to try and clear the buslock?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

It will only try and cycle the power once or every couple of minutes during the buslock? Anyway to add a time delay to the alert notification so I don't try and reboot the controller too soon after a buslock? The controller has been much more stable since the new libraries.
rimai

Post by rimai »

In an interval.
Roberto.
Loose

Post by Loose »

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I got them so I don't have to unplug my RA*.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something... Thomas Huxley
210gal DT | 50gal sump/refug | Jebao DCP 10000 pump | RO 200-int skimmer | DIY built stand | DIY 160 led, 12 channel, 458 watt, on MakersLED 72" heatsink