Nitrate, phosphate and Calcium Probes

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
lnevo

Re: Nitrate, phosphate and Calcium Probes

Post by lnevo »

One day if mindstream comes to market. This will be the best shot at what your looking for. Today it doesnt exist
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You should also take a look at the Exact iDip test kit. I just invested in a set of these and will be testing them.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Keep us posted on this. Looks interesting.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

So overall this is an easy test kit to use. It seems I bought the freshwater nitrate test in the app so it was only $5 I overspent. I'll take it up with them later. Anyway I did some tests, ph 8.2, calcium 520, alk 148, nitrate 15 and phos .26. Only the calcium seemed high and the nitrates were the lowest the meter goes but it seems an accurate number based on what I get from Red Sea and Salifert. Hanna had my phos at .56 but that seemed high to me. The total hardness registered Hi and I the app is a little limited so I wasnt able to get the calculated magnesium. I made a few mistakes grabbing the wrong test strips, but with practice I should get a consistent result. Took about a half hour to run through it all my first time. I'll be able to cut that in half. So much better than measuring!!Image
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Nitrate has a low limit of 15? That's no good. I usually run <5. :(
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yeah was disappointed at that but I'll take it over 10 25 50 measurements on the salifert. I'm curious if it will measure lower or if thats just the accurate range. But I'd say with nitrate less than 5 you don't really need to test for it :) i on the other hand used to be off the chart so it's handy and reading color charts just sucks
Kungpaoshizi

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Which hanna meter did ya use? (po4 vs p)

Know off hand if they're working on pc integration? hehe

Been tempted to look into this one, the mindstream seems to have missed phosphate and nitrate was it iirc? (they might release it later iirc, which I'm holding out for)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Take a look at the exact idip. They are going to be fixing the magnesium, nitrate and phosphate ranges in the next release toward the end of the year. For alk and calcium its perfect plus where my nutrient levels are at now its great and I can live without magnesium for the time being. So far using the device has been super easy. Double checking values have been 1-2ppm deltas. I feel very confident in giving it a good recommendation.
SouthernReefer

Post by SouthernReefer »

Now that apex has done this with the trident, how long before we can see it revert engineered so other products could use it?