Controllable Hydor pumps

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
Ademster

Controllable Hydor pumps

Post by Ademster »

Roberto,

Is there a possibility we can integrate the Hydor wavemaker controllable pumps to the reef angel?
I believe Proflux has the ability. how hard would it be for Reef Angel? I am trying to cut down on the amount of additional stuff I have running when it could be done by the controller.
Adam
58 Gal
rimai

Re: Controllable Hydor pumps

Post by rimai »

Sorry.. No :(
Roberto.
blert

Controllable Hydor pumps

Post by blert »

I'm new here. I do not own a RA unit yet, still contemplating.
I found something that may help you with this...
Apparently I was wrong: this IS the right place to post schematics and so on
So.... you have attached everything: schematic, power table and software (assembler 8051)
Explanations:
- you have to power the thing with 15Vdc, REGULATED. Use a 1 amp or so regulated power supply.
- the 4 inputs IN3... IN0 will set the output power. I did it this way because the wave algorithm is implemented on my main controller. This schematic (twice) is used as slave controlled for controlling the koralias only. If you want you can add buttons, display etc. and modify the program to get a full blown wave maker. The limitation is that you cannot control well 2 pumps with 1 controller, the solution being to make one of them master (with buttons etc) and to use a second one as slave. 0000 is minimum power, 1111 gives the max power.
- the pump starts reliably at a power level of 12-13 (1100 - 1101). Once started it works reliably at all power levels, but it doesn't like too much big jumps (like from 0000 to 1111 or viceversa). Vary the power gradually to allow the pump to accelerate or decelerate. It can go very well from min to max or form max. to min. in 0.5sec.
- don't be scared by the 1000+ lines file! The program itself is very short, but there are the pretty big power tables at the end of it. I wrote the program in 20 minutes, but it took me a lot more to make the excel to calculate and generate the tables
- if you prefer to use other components, but you want to use the algorithm I designed and tested you have the following info: PWM frequency 22KHz (not critical); PWM output amplitude 14... 14.5 V; power-frequency-sine modulation relation: see attached table.

Good luck
Let me know if you need anything else!
Attached Files
koralia_slave_controller.pdf 166.02K 678 downloads
koralia_slave.txt 10.86K 375 downloads
powertable.txt 350bytes 272 downloads
Taken from this thread...
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/212258-w ... ver/page-3
...the files are available for download in the thread. The PDF is the schematic.
Good luck.