Visual Graphics Builder Wizard

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
clw143

Visual Graphics Builder Wizard

Post by clw143 »

It would be nice to have a graphics builder program maybe implemented into the wizard to easily make custom screens. I always find myself changing and testing and changing and moving things around, probably more than necessary. Maybe at least have a test screen that could show it to you before loading the code to RA?
Rodasphoto

Re: Visual Graphics Builder Wizard

Post by Rodasphoto »

clw143 wrote:It would be nice to have a graphics builder program maybe implemented into the wizard to easily make custom screens. I always find myself changing and testing and changing and moving things around, probably more than necessary. Maybe at least have a test screen that could show it to you before loading the code to RA?
+1
binder

Post by binder »

clw143 wrote:It would be nice to have a graphics builder program maybe implemented into the wizard to easily make custom screens. I always find myself changing and testing and changing and moving things around, probably more than necessary. Maybe at least have a test screen that could show it to you before loading the code to RA?
i had started to work on something like this that was Java based for cross platform. the problem I was having was being able to parse the code and interpret it. in short, I would have been creating something like a compiler for the controller. something like an emulator would be ideal but alas I have not had the time. it's still one of those things that I think about and how I would be able to implement it. I just haven't done it yet.
I agree, it would be very helpful to have.

Sent from my Moto X
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yeah the graphics would not be easy to create. You would be better off with some kind of emulator to build it.

An easier builder I'd like to see is one for scheduling to build a template of if/thens so people could schedule lighting set points, night mode, different wave forms much easier and not have issues with all the conditionals, etc...
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:An easier builder I'd like to see is one for scheduling to build a template of if/thens so people could schedule lighting set points, night mode, different wave forms much easier and not have issues with all the conditionals, etc...
that is a good idea. it could be relatively easy to create actually. it wouldn't have to be overly complex either....hmm...