Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
Smotz

Re: New Head Unit....

Post by Smotz »

Nice where can I buy the completed product? :D
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

I need to get back to it. :geek: I kinda put in on the back burner as Roberto was moving forward on an LCD extension.

Jon
mikedizon

Post by mikedizon »

Hey thats cool. This serves as an inspiration for the next Generation Ra controllers.
The only problem here is if your hands get wet or dirty and you accidentally touch it. I wonder if this touch LCD screen is like the apple ipad screens really heavy duty.
Last edited by mikedizon on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
89delta

Post by 89delta »

I'm looking into doing a touch screen as well. Right now I'm getting all the required pieces needed to prototype a stackable shield for the mega2560. Thought about using a 3.2" tft I got a 7" tft as well. I figured there would be more room on the 7" to display a lot of parameters, but would still try the 3.2" tft to display these other parameters on different screens. Setup menu would be basic time, pH calibration, feed, water change modes as well as clearing any flags. Will take a bit with working 12hr days.
mikedizon

Post by mikedizon »

Excited for a new touch screen for my RA controller.

The joystick has been ok but I can already retire them. Now
that 1 of my RA controller joystick stop working properly.
I cannot scroll anymore to the right. Despite the repair.
Im just waiting for the new Touch Screen LCD controller
to be available.

This is my guess eventually in time the other RA joystick will
break down and you will want to have the new LCD touch screen
ready if not as a back up with you.

The important thing is the LCD screen should be robust.
specially near seawater.

Anyone know when the RA LCD touch screen will be ready.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

I could be wrong but I don't think it's going to happen. Few people have used tablets instead, considering they are so cheap now.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3118
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

I believe there are prototype touch screens in the wild, but given the cost a cheap, dedicated 7" Android tablet running the RA app is a more reasonable way to go. I've done this for a few years now and it works great.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Robert I seen u said you can run a secondary screen with Adriano shield or something like that. I would like to have a larger screen but don't want it to run from wifi cud of the update Intervals . And would like live feed on it and direct interface on my phone sometimes on the app it will lag or error sometimes and then I gotta do it again.

A cheap tablet or custom LCD touch screen would be cool but have no idea what route to take and if some help form from someone to set up a secondary larger touch screen would be great
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Robert I seen u said you can run a secondary screen with Adriano shield or something like that. I would like to have a larger screen but don't want it to run from wifi cud of the update Intervals . And would like live feed on it and direct interface on my phone sometimes on the app it will lag or error sometimes and then I gotta do it again.

A cheap tablet or custom LCD touch screen would be cool but have no idea what route to take and if some help form from someone to set up a secondary larger touch screen would be great
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

A cheap android tablet running the ReefAngel UApp or Binder's app.. doesn't have to rely on the cloud..
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

It don't work properly for me same on uapp (home ipxxxxxxxx:2000/wifi) and the Android app on home . It's to delayed and errors sometimes while its loading. So i think hard wired is the way I have to go.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Thats not uapp. Try downloading the native version of the uapp, not the /wifi, that one is buggy.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Where do i find that
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Not sure i don't use android :P
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Thanks Lee and cosmith71, I got it to download it doenst seem to be a live feed only if u hit refresh . The fuction is there but not the constant up to date feed. So that won't really wrok for me I'll probably have to search some more on if anyone has done a Tutorial on a touch screen and or bigger screen.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Roberto, can we add auto refresh in the uapp?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, but the cloud server would take care of this and provide a live stream of data without the need of refresh.
You will just have to wait a little more for the cloud server to be a reality :)
Roberto.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Ok thanks guys till then Ill research on a new controller screw till then