New Head Unit....

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:03 am
I think a nice display would be nice. An output display. just visual. No controll. A scrolling display of your numbers. One wire, nice lookng box. Backlit. One thing that is making not want to buy this controller is the display.(the only thing)
I plan on ditching my RKL, or saving it for a dif project for this thing. I like the abiblty to do almost anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 pm
I have been thinking about this as well. How much would you be willing to pay for a 3 or 4 in display? Would you pay more for touchscreen?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:48 am
I think a touch screen is a lil much. I just want a nice lil display without alot of wires sticking out of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:50 pm
I think just an auxilary display would be great. One that's simple and clean. I could then hide the main controller.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm
you could setup an iPod touch as an external display and just leave the app running. You can find used ones pretty cheap.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:08 pm
I'll the question again. How much would you be willing to pay for a 3 or 4 inch display? I have been thinking about developing one and wonder if it would sell. This also assumes I would not be taking away from anything Roberto has planned.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:31 pm
Well, I do have something in the works but nothing even close to production yet.
I'd love to see what you come up with, if you do decide to move forward with your plans.
I've made a 1st rev. prototype and started working on creating the libraries, but I halted the project because I've been devoted to creating a new portal interface that I'm sure everyone is going to like :)
There are some minor revisions I need to do, but this is my very first prototype:

Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 pm
wolfador wrote:you could setup an iPod touch as an external display and just leave the app running. You can find used ones pretty cheap.

How would you start to make an iPAD interface. Where can I find info on how to retrieve data from the RA via wifly?

Could Keynote for iPad be used to build an interface?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm
keynote could be used, the RA just outputs an xml page. go to the /r99 page of your controller and you will see it there. All you need is something to parse the XML.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 am
Wow. I was just about to pm you rimai about putting an order together for me and seeing if you still had salinity modules...after seeing this prototype I think I may wait....lol when can I buy your prototype :P and I see by your pic you have orp now to....when you gonna make a calcium & alk/kh module :P
Next

Return to Requests