Scale or Pressure

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
Paul_Velasco

Re: Scale or Pressure

Post by Paul_Velasco »

lnevo wrote:Wow I hadn't considered what Alan had said about using the ph to control the solenoid and then with the pressure guage monitoring the tank you'd maintain a pretty rock solid reactor setup...so we have 150 for the sensor, 110 for a ph expansion. Figure around 350 for a full solenoid/ph/digital gauge. We already have the functions pretty much to have a completely integrated calcium reactor setup.
Sounds reasonable!! The regulator I got was $300 no pH control
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Paul_Velasco wrote:
lnevo wrote:Wow I hadn't considered what Alan had said about using the ph to control the solenoid and then with the pressure guage monitoring the tank you'd maintain a pretty rock solid reactor setup...so we have 150 for the sensor, 110 for a ph expansion. Figure around 350 for a full solenoid/ph/digital gauge. We already have the functions pretty much to have a completely integrated calcium reactor setup.
Sounds reasonable!! The regulator I got was $300 no pH control
And no digital gauge. :)
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

How about a continuous duty peristaltic pump? Controlled by RA, not that would be the ultimate controllable CALRx Rig.
lnevo

Scale or Pressure

Post by lnevo »

You could add the RA dosing pump or the ATO one to the mix...
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

lnevo wrote:You could add the RA dosing pump or the ATO one to the mix...
Are these continuous duty?

Anyone working on this? Would be great just to have a controllable solenoid. Big market for those and CALRx
skehole

Post by skehole »

Paul_Velasco wrote:
lnevo wrote:You could add the RA dosing pump or the ATO one to the mix...
Are these continuous duty?

Anyone working on this? Would be great just to have a controllable solenoid. Big market for those and CALRx
I doubt it. That's why there's such a huge demand in the reefing community for things like Cole parmer masterflex pumps.
lnevo

Scale or Pressure

Post by lnevo »

Do you need continuous duty for a cal reactor?

Its mostly AWC that I've seen for continuous duty.
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

All suggestions on the Reef Forums is for a continuous flow of water through the Reactor, around 30 ml/hr.
I run a line with my return pump. Would love to be able to control the flow. Right now I am limited to counting drip rate and estimating the flow with eyeball flow meter.

Controllable continuous duty peristaltic pump!!! This would be my ideal.
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

The pump should be sub $300 price point. I paid about $250 for a used Cole Palmer and it crapped out in about 6 months. Would be willing to pay about 300-400 for a controllable one.
rimai

Post by rimai »

What is continuous duty and why are they different?
If it is continuous, I would imagine it is not controllable or it would be called variable duty, no?
Roberto.
skehole

Post by skehole »

I believe it simply implies that it is designed to be running 24/7.

If you ask BRS, for example, if their dosing pumps are designed to be operating 24/7, they will tell you absolutely not. As will most dosing pump manufacturers. For a calcium reactor, water should be pumped in and out at a constant metered pace to keep things consistent. It's very tough to find a pump that is capable of operating constantly, and is capable of overcoming the occasional pressure of clogged effluent lines, etc. it's for this reason why masterflex pumps have such a strong following among calrx users. There are others in the game, kamoer makes a calrx peri pump now, and of course there's the Dastaco calcium reactors thatre at a whole other level.
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

rimai wrote:What is continuous duty and why are they different?
If it is continuous, I would imagine it is not controllable or it would be called variable duty, no?
The masterflex pumps just change speed to control flow rate.