RA cam

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:12 am
sorry, I haven't figured out the 'feed' process yet. I just use the weblink and apps from D-link to monitor it. It's a little clunky (probably my home internet speed). I'd like to set it up as a feed independent from that system at some point.

-Jon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am
jsclownfish wrote:sorry, I haven't figured out the 'feed' process yet. I just use the weblink and apps from D-link to monitor it. It's a little clunky (probably my home internet speed). I'd like to set it up as a feed independent from that system at some point.

-Jon

You need to do a port forwarding to your webcam and then you can access the page directly from your external ip and whatever port you setup.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 am
Here is a snapshot from my camera if you're interested. The container on the other side of the tank was a "hospital" to seperate out a big Rhodactis that was either dividing or dying and I didn't want to lose it in the rockwork.

The great thing about the suction cup arm is that I can move it around the tank to focus on different corals and such without building another mount. I really don't have a good place to mount a panning camera in front of the tank.

-Jon

tankpic.JPG
tankpic.JPG (74.08 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:21 pm
Beautiful. Love the yellow tang peeking from below :) We really need to find a good wide angle for this cam :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm
Thanks, I'll check the port forward. I think it is set-up, but just blocked at my work firewall.

Ever since I put this on the tank, I've been wanting to code in a trigger for the autofeeder so I can get all the fish to come to the camera when I want to see them. :D

Alex,
How did you get your feed to show up on your forum post?
-Jon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am
I'm pretty sure it depends on your webcam, but to post a live feed, I used:

Code: Select all
http://wolfpack06.no-ip.org:1984/videostream.cgi?user=user&pwd=password

So I have my no-ip setup in there to link back to the camera and user/password for a guest account. You can't control the camera :)

When doing port forwarding, I highly recommend using a port other than 80 since that's the most frequently blocked.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:39 pm
Have you seen those plexiglass boxes/containers the fish stores use so you can look at corals overhead without the ripples in the water? I was thinking about trying to mount my camera over one of those so that it wasn't so "ugly" on the side of the tank. It would be a smaller view, but the camera in theory would be enclosed in the hood.

-Jon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 pm
I think those would work great short term. But what if the power cord gets to the water? I just need to wait for HD IP cams to drop in price and raise in quality.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 am
jsclownfish wrote:I just set something similar up and I really like it...

camera.JPG

Here's the mount I used....

http://www.buy.com/prod/large-window-vacuum-suction-cup-flexible-monopod-mount-tripod-stand/232275716.html

-Jon

Just ordered one of these mounts and this fish eye lens... Let's see what it can do!

http://gorillagadgets.com/cellphone-fis ... html?sl=EN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 pm
Does anyone know how to place a component to a webpage to watch your stream?
Is it camera specific?
Roberto.
PreviousNext

Return to Requests