Can we get a bigger screen?

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
symon_say

Can we get a bigger screen?

Post by symon_say »

I think some people will agree with having a bigger screen maybe touch screen that can be stand alone to put near tank to display info and not having all those wires going out of it.
rimai

Re: Can we get a bigger screen?

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

yes, you're the men, i use my phone or computer most of the time, but it will be nice to have something like that by the tank. Looking forward for this.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

symon_say wrote:yes, you're the men, i use my phone or computer most of the time, but it will be nice to have something like that by the tank. Looking forward for this.

Might be able to find an iPod Touch for fairly cheap you could mount near the tank. I'm going to be using my old iPhone for this purpose.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

I have think about this, but the app needs to have a lot of features to make it comparable with what a direct screen can do.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

symon_say wrote:I have think about this, but the app needs to have a lot of features to make it comparable with what a direct screen can do.

If you need anything added, let me know.

The only thing I use my screen for is to turn on feed / wc modes if I don't have my phone in my pocket.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

Thanks, but i say that because you won't be able to do a custom menu with the iphone like you will do with a proprietary screen attach to the controller, or something like fancy graphics.

iphone and android apps are really great and i thank you guys for the effort you put into this, but we can't program those like we do with the controller.
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

wolfador wrote:
symon_say wrote:yes, you're the men, i use my phone or computer most of the time, but it will be nice to have something like that by the tank. Looking forward for this.

Might be able to find an iPod Touch for fairly cheap you could mount near the tank. I'm going to be using my old iPhone for this purpose.
Hmm, this just gave me an idea. I have an old Moto Droid sitting in the closet after upgrading to the Razr Maxx. All my apps on the old Droid still work even after the phone has no service... so maybe I could mount it inside my stand beside the controller, and just leave the RA Android App running on it. That way, if I didn't have my new phone on me, I could still use the Android App when I need it. I could even hook up a wall charger and never have to worry about it going dead.